Proof Shotglass lives...

Twister

Spaceman
check it out, this is Max A.K.A. Shotglass
shotglass_lives_.jpg

he was my german teacher for 1 1/2 years, and is an almost exact double of our old friend Shotglass. he even has that eyebrow the keeps twitching up and down:)

Well your teacher is closer to Shotglass than John Rhys Davies is to Paladin of WC1... By the way, is there any information about what happened to Knight, Shotglass, Hunter and so on?
I know that Bossman was killed, we know about Iceman, and the rest dies in WC 2 or 3 or lives on... But what about these folks? I'd suppose they died when the Tiger's Claw was destroyed (LOAF do you know anything about this)

Of course he wasn't dead... :)

Check Navpoint from the BlackLance site, and you'll see under Shotglass' description that he wasn't on board when the Claw got destroyed... :cool:

Hunter is mentioned in the novels, he dies in Fleet Action. Doomsday is still alive, I think, as well as Angel (until WC3) :) .

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-29-2001 at 15:41]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Hunter is mentioned in the novels, he dies in Fleet Action.

It was kind of funny, someone (Bear?) thought Hunter had died on the Claw, but they explained it that he was transferred off the Claw shorlty before the attack on K'tithrak Mang. I think the only reason Hunter reappeared was so we could have Kirha show up to tell everyone that they had to be nuts to believe the peace proposal was legit. Though, Hunter did make for a good partner with Paladin.

The fates of WC1 'picture' characters...

Iceman: Survived Tiger's Claw, killed during ds recon at B'shriss (2656).
Shotglass: Survived Tiger's Claw, fate unknown. (Last Seen: Voices of War).
Maniac: Survived Tiger's Claw, retired from combat. Now a political activist. Writing autobiography. (Last Seen: WCSO).
Bossman: Killed in an ambush during Operation Crusade, 2655.
Angel: Survived Tiger's Claw, killed during a Covert Ops mission to Kilrah, 2669.
Halcyon: Died with the Tiger's Claw, 2656.
Spirit: Survived Tiger's Claw, killed at Heaven's Gate, 2666.
Jazz: Survived Tiger's Claw, gunned down by Blair in 2667.
Doomsday: Survived Tiger's Claw, survived war, now a Landreich squadron commander. (Last Seen: False Colors).
Paladin: Survived Tiger's Claw, ended the war as a General commanding Covert Ops division. Now President of the Senate (representing Altair). Has a daughter.
Blair: Survived Tiger's Claw. Died(?) at Kilrah, 2681.
Hunter: Survived Tiger's Claw. Died during Fleet Action, 2668.
Knight: Died with the Tiger's Claw, 2656.

Iceman: Survived Tiger's Claw, killed during ds recon at B'shriss (2656).

That doesn't fit with the Prophecy storyline, Hawk tells Casey that it was Blair that tractored Iceman back to the ship, but Blair was removed from combat duty after the destruction of the Tigers Claw....

Originally posted by Twister
any WC Look-alikes in your area?

The bartender in Privateer, at New Constantinople looks alot like a local weather man on one of the tv news casts here! I will try to get a pic comparison.

RFBurns

Who said anything about combat <G>? Discovering Iceman's body was an S&R job. Anyway, Blair was clearly flying missions while in Gwynedd... (it wasn't that he *couldn't* fly combat missions... it was that there was no combat to be had).

Hehe, WC1. The first time I played it, Maniac died the first time I flew with him. I didn't think anything of it at the time, it seemed like it should happen.

The Maniac diying so soon? Nah, where would all the funny part of WC go? :)
We wouldn't hear that amazing phrase "CHALK UP ANOTHER FOR THE MANIAC", among others... MANY others... ;)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Maniac: Survived Tiger's Claw, retired from combat. Now a political activist. Writing autobiography. (Last Seen: WCSO).
:eek: When do we find about this? And I don't remember him featuring in SO, even when you help the Midway in Sirius. And there I was, thinking Maniac would be the only one to feature in every (main) WC series (apart from Blair, who's not likely to star in the next WC, anyway).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Doomsday: Survived Tiger's Claw, survived war, now a Landreich squadron commander. (Last Seen: False Colors).
I don't know much about the Landreich, but judging from what's been said here, I've always had the impression that Confed and the Landriech aren't exactly friendly.

His post-Midway situation is explained in the WCP Gold manual (the letter from Paladin). (His autobiography, Me: The Life and Battles of Maniac Marshall, and plans for retirement are from the WCP Guide).

Wow, I didn't think Maniac had actually decided to retire. Nor be the sort to write his biography. Perhaps, deep down, he's sad about Blair's MIA? He did attend to memorial service, after all, and I did say he would be kinda lonely on the Midway - he'd be the only seasoned pilot onboard.

I really hoped that at least Maniac could make it for even just one more game. Now we truly have a new generation of WC - if we ever get another...

Ahh, there's plenty of seasoned pilots on Midway... and at least two other Kilrathi war veterans: Pops and Twilight

Sorry, I meant seasoned pilots we know.

Say, Pops is the guy who karks it with:

"I knew this was gonna happen, ARRRGHHH! <static>"

isn't he? :)

[Edited by Wedge009 on 03-29-2001 at 22:54]

Back