Problems? Post them here...

I will investigate this tonight to see if I can reproduce it consistently.

Also have a bunch of other bug reports you guys have submitted to go over as well.

Just hang with us.... :D

And there's something else, on the alternative paths this time.

When you fly Sabre Pursuit with a Gladius, you can actually see the fuel level lowered post-jump, just like in Wing Commander 2. But Prologue mission 3B, I think it's called Jump Point Defense, start off with your Gladii jumping in, and the fuel gauge there shows full.

There's a dilemma here: Logically, you should have a lowered fuel level starting that mission. On the other hand, that mission's already hard enough without penalizing the player.

AAAAHHHHHHH! Where is the memory bug patch? From where I'm sitting, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to pinpoint the problem and correct it. But I am not as skilled a programmer as the Standoff team, I admit. The memory bug seems staightforward enough when I play the game. It affect every mission, I have crashed playing almost all of them. REstarting after every level minimizes the problem. And if that fails, as it certainly does on the biggest missions when you try to play them through on the highest graphics/resolution, you just drop detail levels- the lower you drop them the farther you can make it in a mission before a crash.

Hmm. Looks like I'm crashing too, in wave six of the simulator's first mission...I suppose we'll just have to wait.

Fleeballs and Glabro - you have installed the patch we issued through autoupdate ? Also, are you OpenGL settings maxed out ? Alex thinks that some of the crashing may be related to your cards not being able to keep up with the data flow you're having it process without overheating and crashing; please try with the default values for FSAA, Anisotropy and the two viewing distance sliders, and then tell us it it helped reduce the crashing.

Where is the memory bug patch? From where I'm sitting, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to pinpoint the problem and correct it.
Please don't say things like that, as I may have to hire someone to kill you. And I really can't afford that financially right now, especially with my wedding next week :p.

Pierre and Alex have been at it for a while before the release, and non-stop ever since. They haven't been able to fix it completely because it is that hard to pinpoint. They've already fixed several major issues that apparently caused crashes - and still the game is crashing in some situations. It's just not that easy to fix.

I don't know about that. I tested the game before release heavily without HDR...and still had plenty of crashes.

We are working on it...but remember we all have lives outside of Standoff....well I at least I think we do....or used to...

Fleeballs and Glabro - you have installed the patch we issued through autoupdate ? Also, are you OpenGL settings maxed out ? Alex thinks that some of the crashing may be related to your cards not being able to keep up with the data flow you're having it process without overheating and crashing; please try with the default values for FSAA, Anisotropy and the two viewing distance sliders, and then tell us it it helped reduce the crashing.

Yup, patch installed, as well as the latest vid card drivers. The settings haven't otherwise been touched, except to turn on the "candy" like HDR. I'll try it without it, then, but on the other hand I could just wait for the full thing to work in all its glory.

It really is not that easy... Just figured out that the Workaround with Extension Limit does more than fix crashes, it also deactivates HDR and Enhanced Lightning, wich after checking really changes a lot how the game looks, specially if you fly close to big ships and stuff.

Yup, patch installed, as well as the latest vid card drivers. The settings haven't otherwise been touched, except to turn on the "candy" like HDR. I'll try it without it, then, but on the other hand I could just wait for the full thing to work in all its glory.
No need to disable the eye candy; what I'd want you to test is if playing with 2xFSAA, 2xAnisotropy and distance sliders to middle values reduces the crashes for you, leaving HDR on: these settings will let you play Standoff in all it's glory, while putting less strss on your GPU.

I mentioned to you all that I was consistently crashing on ep 5's final winning path mission each and every time, even with HDR turned off.

Tonight I'll run some tests of the mission under various graphical settings and see if I can get through it. I'll let you all know how it goes, my 9600M GT card seems to be a good middle ground unit for NVidia testing.

Well, of course there are different crashes in the game; lowering the settings would just help reduce those "random" crashes that occurs after playing a few missions in a row; it's quite possible that you're encountering a mission-specific crash there.

The graphics-related crash can be identified in the Windows crash details: "Fault Module Name: cg.dll"

I mentioned to you all that I was consistently crashing on ep 5's final winning path mission each and every time, even with HDR turned off.

Tonight I'll run some tests of the mission under various graphical settings and see if I can get through it. I'll let you all know how it goes, my 9600M GT card seems to be a good middle ground unit for NVidia testing.

Please do! Any additional testing help we can get is really useful. If you want Pete and I will be in #wingnut (CIC IRC server) tonight so you can get instant access to us to ask/discuss things you are seeing.

With HDR on, I experience a straight CTD. Without it, I eventually "freeze" and have to alt-tab out. Trying the 2x settings without HDR.

I have a couple problems, but this is a great, great game- obviously made by some very talented and dedicated WC fans. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with the WC Community and the general public at large! This is a far better game then most multi-million dollar big budget releases, and you should take pride in that!

I've only had three real problems- and thankfully, one of them (the random in mission memory crash bug) seems to have gone away by switching my nvidia 8600 GT's settings to "Extension Limit On"

Otherwise, I notice that occasionally the voiceovers stutter or replay in mission (not quite sure why)

The only other bug I have is that I just beat the final mission in Ep 5- and when I try to "talk to everyone" the game kicks me out. I got one error message the first time the crash happened saying something along the lines of "insufficient storage space," but now it just kicks me to the desktop without giving the same message- pretty sure it's not a lack of storage space (I have dozens of gigs of harddrive space open) as far as my hard drive goes-

Any suggestions on fixes?

Back