Problems? Post them here...

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Just to keep them together...

If you are experiencing something you think is strange with the release. Please post it here. We know about the memory/mission crashing bug...but anything else you notice. Please make us aware.

Thanks!

Hi, I tried 5 or 6 times now to complete the second mission (Snakeir + Frigates/Destroyers/Cruisers 100%) and I'm always crashing to my desktop somewhere in the middle (never the same spot). I'm running the game under vista in '98 mode right now. Is there anything else I have to take care of before launching the game?

thanks

Hmm. What's interesting is that this mission wasn't actually one of the problem ones before. It seems that putting it with the whole game has made it very angry.

There's really nothing more you can do before launching. Are you flying the Rapier? I had several people yesterday saying they were having problems when using it. (Granted, which ship you fly doesn't really change much, but it did seem more people had issues with the Rapier than the other two variants).

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble getting past the mission. Believe me when I say we are working hard on trying to figure out what happened to start causing these crashes. Hopefully very soon we'll have it fixed and we'll release it to everyone through autoupdate...

No problem. I tried every ship so it seems independent from that.

I have a small problem. I'm betting it's my graphics card. When I turn on Enhanced (or Advanced, I forget! :p) Lighting, you can't see ships or anything in flight mode. IIRC, you only see the HUD (shields, radar) and Stars.

Make sure you have the most recent drivers for your card.

What kind of gfx card do you have?

Hi. After I finished the Marine attack (he said "They only have one super carrier left..we can actually win this") may game crashed. Now I can't start it anymore, because it crash as soon as I start the game.
I was flying the Sabre.

Hmmm. These are issues that we actually didn't experience (the game not restarting after a crash).

For now I'd recommend trying restarting your computer and going into the game. That should work, but we will definitely look into this strange happening.

Hmm. What's interesting is that this mission wasn't actually one of the problem ones before. It seems that putting it with the whole game has made it very angry.

There's really nothing more you can do before launching. Are you flying the Rapier? I had several people yesterday saying they were having problems when using it. (Granted, which ship you fly doesn't really change much, but it did seem more people had issues with the Rapier than the other two variants).

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble getting past the mission. Believe me when I say we are working hard on trying to figure out what happened to start causing these crashes. Hopefully very soon we'll have it fixed and we'll release it to everyone through autoupdate...

Hey

Love the game so far, the music and visuals are great but sorry to say but I've had this exact same problem with both the Sabre and the Crossbow in mission 2. The crashing seems to be random (once i managed to destroy all the kilrathi ships and return to the Firekka and it crashed there)
One other question though - is Standoff more cpu or gpu dependent? I have a good graphics card but my cpu is weak (E6400 Dual Core). Reason I ask is I'm not sure if my hardware could be contributing to the problem.

Damn, I finshed the 2. mission by using easy mode+ invulnerability in the 10th try I think (I just flew out again as soon as possible) and now exactly the same thing happened right after I started mission 3...*snief*

First, thanks for the kind words all of us really appreciate it that everyone (despite the crashes) loves the end result.

As for that mission crashing, it actually didn't do that in testing. My guess is that the memory issue is affecting more things than before. And it's being a real bitch!

As for your other question, I personally do not know. Quarto, Eder or Pete would be able to answer that.

Damn, I finshed the 2. mission by using easy mode+ invulnerability in the 10th try I think (I just flew out again as soon as possible) and now exactly the same thing happened right after I started mission 3...*snief*

One way to help prevent the crashes is to quit the game after you finish a mission. This will clear the memory and hopefully not cause the overflow issue which causes the game to crash.

Easy mode?!?! Easy mode?!?! (Yes I know you are trying to get past crash...but still Standoff should be played on Hero :p )

I think
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Ahhhhhhh....yes. Intel cards suck. Currently, you can only play with Enhanced Lighting off. Intel cards are real bastards when it comes to the OpenGL stuff. The EL issue will be fixed soon.

For now just play with it turned off and you should be ok.

And I'm noticing that everyone seems to playing the Ep5 winning path...what nobody likes to lose? :p You'll enjoy it!

Simulator problem...

Hey everybody I have a problem with Episode 5.

Every time the simulator starts I get the following Message:

Cannot verify simulator integrety. Your scores will not be sent to Confed HQ

I have just updated my working Episode 4 with Episode 5. I have NOT cheated or modified anything concerning the simulator. The Firewall is configured to let the following programms pass through:

Standoff.exe
Standoff Launcher.exe

By the way... it does not work even if I switch the firewall off.

Is there something I need to do? It worked the last time with Episode 4 without problems... one of my last scores was submitted on 03/14/09 21:18 flying an Arrow.

Please help me... how can I fix this problem?

Edit: Of course all options are activated like in Episode 4:
Activated: Participate in online scoreboards
Name: Rylex

Best wishes

Rylex

You're a God, thanks for the info! :) Btw I told you on IRC that the game hanged on exit, since I got Ep.5, it doesn't :D And I love Standoff!

I'm playing through the Ep.5 losing path... I'm stuck at the mission where you have to use the 4 Arrows against the bombers. Before the mission, Jean's report tells me I have -1 Arrows. When I launch, there are no other Arrows around, just a bunch of Hornets. When I get to the first Nav point, the game crashes and gives me this error message :

DB : CSF Program :: process(spawn22) - tried to get distance to a non-existing object.

Other than that, great job, everything looks astonishingly good. It looks like the best Standoff episode by far. I don't want to say too much yet because I don't want to spoil anything, but it's even better than what I expected... and I expected a lot. :p

hrhr - Normally I play on Hero and that's why I stopped playing after mission 2. The missions you guys created are really cool and I don't want to waste that fun. I just needed to know if the problem is connected to this specific mission or the game in general so I needed to somehow get past that mission ;-)

I'm playing through the Ep.5 losing path... I'm stuck at the mission where you have to use the 4 Arrows against the bombers. Before the mission, Jean's report tells me I have -1 Arrows. When I launch, there are no other Arrows around, just a bunch of Hornets. When I get to the first Nav point, the game crashes and gives me this error message :

DB : CSF Program :: process(spawn22) - tried to get distance to a non-existing object.

Other than that, great job, everything looks astonishingly good. It looks like the best Standoff episode by far. I don't want to say too much yet because I don't want to spoil anything, but it's even better than what I expected... and I expected a lot. :p

Woah...now this is a new one. I've never seen it say that before. I'll post it to Bugzilla. Not sure what could have possibly caused it. There was a bug in the Arrow count a while ago, but it was fixed. As for why it's showing -1...I have no clue. I'll make sure to mention it to Quarto.

And don't want to say too much? Didn't you just give something away? :p

Hey everybody I have a problem with Episode 5.

Every time the simulator starts I get the following Message:

I have just updated my working Episode 4 with Episode 5. I have NOT cheated or modified anything concerning the simulator. The Firewall is configured to let the following programms pass through:

Standoff.exe
Standoff Launcher.exe

Is there something I need to do? It worked the last time with Episode 4 without problems... one of my last scores was submitted on 03/14/09 21:18 flying an Arrow.

Please help me... how can I fix this problem?

Edit: Of course all options are activated like in Episode 4:
Activated: Participate in online scoreboards
Name: Rylex

Best wishes

Rylex

What sim mission are you trying to play? The sim missions are exactly the same ones from Ep4, so nothing should be different.

I've passed this on to Pete so he can look into it later.

Ugh...I feel bad we weren't able to catch all these things. Although, many of them seem to be appearing for the first time with wider playing.

We will be patching in the future...so please bear with us.

Back