Problem with WC Prophecy from GOG

Ghost Lad

Spaceman
Hello!

My issues with this game is that I seem to have a second mouse cursor stuck in the middle of the screen at all times. I can still play the game just fine and have my own mouse pointer, but this extra mouse pointer stuck in the middle of the screen is very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running into the same problem Ghost Lad, I just downloaded it from GOG yesterday first time fired it up fine, the 2nd time it had the mouse pointer stuck in the screen.

If it helps, no nothing modded running on Win10.

The solution is this:

Download and install nGlide v2.0 (Sorry, you have to find it yourself with google because i can't post links because i don't have 10 posts yet. Hint: Search "nglide 2.0 zeus-software" )

Go in the Windows/sysWOW64 folder

Copy those files:
glide.dll
glide2x.dll
glide3x.dll
3dfxSpl.dll
3dfxSpl2.dll
3dfxSpl3.dll
nglide_config.exe
nglide_readme.txt

Paste and replace them in both the Prophecy and Secret Ops folders. (This will replace the old nGlide v1.02 that is there)

Open nglide_config.exe in the Prophecy folder.

Set Video backend to Vulkan then Apply and Exit.

Repeat this with nglide_config.exe in the Secret Ops folder.

You may also need to set Prophecy.exe in Windows 95 compatibility mode. For some unknown reason, SecretOps.exe don't seems to require this step.

Now you are ready to play without a ghost mouse in the middle of your screen.

Hope this help.

The solution is this:

Download and install nGlide v2.0 (Sorry, you have to find it yourself with google because i can't post links because i don't have 10 posts yet. Hint: Search "nglide 2.0 zeus-software" )

Go in the Windows/sysWOW64 folder

Copy those files:
glide.dll
glide2x.dll
glide3x.dll
3dfxSpl.dll
3dfxSpl2.dll
3dfxSpl3.dll
nglide_config.exe
nglide_readme.txt

Paste and replace them in both the Prophecy and Secret Ops folders. (This will replace the old nGlide v1.02 that is there)

Open nglide_config.exe in the Prophecy folder.

Set Video backend to Vulkan then Apply and Exit.

Repeat this with nglide_config.exe in the Secret Ops folder.

You may also need to set Prophecy.exe in Windows 95 compatibility mode. For some unknown reason, SecretOps.exe don't seems to require this step.

Now you are ready to play without a ghost mouse in the middle of your screen.

Hope this help.
Cool. I'm glad there's a fix out there. The GOG version is running a glide wrapper though? If so I'm guessing this is only a problem that happens when running the game as configured by GOG?

For anyone using the GOG version I would heavily recommend using the various upgrades available here at the wcnews that include higher resolution (mpeg2/dvd) movies, and openGL support for the various glide effects. I would like to know if this cursor problem also persists when using the upgrade patches.

Yeah, I can never get the mpeg2 movies to work properly. I ended up trying the old patch, the new one, and MUP 4.1. I use Win 10 64 v.1809. I figure it's probably the mpeg2 filter as I get sound via the ac3filter but just a black screen for the mpeg2 videos. What filter do you guys use? I tried using the old one on the site for the wc4dvd but I get an error when I try to register it.

Back