Privateer 2 Delux install/Secret Ops Install questions

I finally got new system up, AMD 3400, 300 GB Hdriv, 1.1 GB RAM, Geforce 6600, Audigy ZS2....anddddd

Privateer 2 Deluxe....installer wont load the files, says

not enough bytes available....????? when i have 275 GB free???????

Secret Ops wont start, get prompt saying:

Game wont run, cant find Glide 2x dll i have the GL 0002 dll file right in there?
isnt that it?

any suggestions from the WC Masters would be most very much appreciated...
should I install with DOS BOX from the very start? I know about setting compatabilti8y mode and dumbing down sound acell and hardware acell...

I remain hopeful...
thanks

Please use the search function!

Privateer 2: Create the directory (usually c:\Dark) BEFORE trying to install.

SO: Not sure here. Either you picked the wrong 3D mode (your Geforce CANNOT doe Glide mode) or you didn't select Win9x compatibility mode. Its one of those.

sorry, i did not relize we could do a search...but there it is right on the bar to
the right....sorrrrryyyy

yes, i did actually create a DARK directory and it loaded fine...plays so far, will see how it does......and I think i found a speed patch as well...Just made a
Dark folder in the C drive Fatcat, and then go back to the install and it loads right up.

re SO, I will try that, I tried Win 98 but did not try 9X thanks very much.

sorry, i was in such a hurry to post I did not log in...it was me just above,
i was able to instal donig the Dark directory as you say.......worked great.

thanks so much
chris

What about 95 compatibility mode? You shouldn't really be able to select Glide unless you have something like a wrapper installed, and in that case you'd be able to play in Glide mode. Open the Launcher and make sure it's set to Direct 3D though, and if it is and still won't work, try software mode.

Thanks Chris, that glide thing was an error report I got from my compy, I was not trying to use it myself....I will check re the compatability, and see, and will
also try software mode, It was nice to see that neat start up window for
SECRET OPS, with the red letters .....and to be that close to getting it to run....
after a lot of work.

AND I havent forgotten about DOS BOX for the other earlier ones...one step at a time.

Thanks again

Back