Pretentious Matrix Crap

Edfilho

Cry some more!
I'm impressed by the screenshots, he remade every single piece of furniture AND the corresponding textures.
Nah, I'm too scared of Jack Torrance to do that.

BTW, concerning your declaration on top of the page, did you like matrix revolution?

Edfilho said:
I'm impressed by the screenshots, he remade every single piece of furniture AND the corresponding textures. Nah, I'm too scared of Jack Torrance to do that.

You really have to try it. What you do is run around and "activate" all the Jack Bots and let them roam around for a bit and then see if you can find them. You can hear heavy breathing around the corner or down a darkened hall. Scare the piss out of you.

Edfilho said:
BTW, concerning your declaration on top of the page, did you like matrix revolution?

Revolution was mostly a let down. Without the wire-fu, it was just a bloated generic sci-fi movie. Thats not to say that the series is JUST that one effect but the lack of it in Part 3 was heavily disappointing.

I got the impression that they couldn't figure how to end the plot. They got trapped in their own setup. It is the old "oops, the enemy is so freaking powerfull that we can write a decent way out of the trouble for the heroes".

Macross - DYRL is kinda like that, they discover TWO googleplex sized fleets of enemy ships, each fleet commanded by a living planet and millennia old. Then they shoot the same old vent shaft and it all goes boom. Oh, btw, humankind was completely obliterated aside the 10k people in the SDF1. yay.

Edfilho said:
I got the impression that they couldn't figure how to end the plot. They got trapped in their own setup. It is the old "oops, the enemy is so freaking powerfull that we can write a decent way out of the trouble for the heroes".

The thing is - if you're one of the people who want to look "deeper" into the Matrix series is that the end of Revolutions makes sense with the rest of the series. The whole final battle (One against many, the spiritual text used in the music, the fact that Neo is killed in roughly the same spot where the first movie ends) shows that theres as much thought in the end of the saga as there was in the beginning - its just executed sloppily.

Oh, I'm not questioning that. It is just that the resolution of the whole thing is deeply unsatisfying. When the first movie ends, we're left expecting a war, expecting that Neo would make the machines fear.

then we get an uneasy truce where the machines refrain from crushing puny hu-mans because neo can beat the hell out of Smith. Which he doesn't. And there is a pretty rainbow.

What is to stop the machines from restarting everything?
it is like Return of the Jedi ended with the emperor granting Dantooinne for the rebels to live, while he remains the great poobah.

Edfilho said:
Oh, I'm not questioning that. It is just that the resolution of the whole thing is deeply unsatisfying. When the first movie ends, we're left expecting a war, expecting that Neo would make the machines fear.

I agree on the disappointing aspect. While I appreciate the fact that the third movie has the gall to beat the crap out of its main characters and kill two of them, it still was unsatisfactory.

Edfilho said:
then we get an uneasy truce where the machines refrain from crushing puny hu-mans because neo can beat the hell out of Smith. Which he doesn't.

The interpretation I got was that Neo chose to surrender to Smith and when he was over-written, the Matrix or whatever was finally able to lock in on Smith and delete him from the program.

As for the truce, its a great idea if you see what it created in (the supposedly dreadful) Matrix Online game but as it is in the film, I'm forced to agree.

Edfilho said:
And there is a pretty rainbow.

omg neo is teh fagot LOLZ

Edfilho said:

The fact that the Matrix sequels didn't do nearly as well publicly as expected. :)

Edfilho said:
it is like Return of the Jedi ended with the emperor granting Dantooinne for the rebels to live, while he remains the great poobah.

Shamefully, horribly - Dark Horse Comics did a "Star Wars Infinite" series which is an "alternate" telling of the original trilogy. Let me put it to you this way: ROTJ ends with Vader turning back to the light side and wearing a WHITE version of his armor.

LeHah said:
I agree on the disappointing aspect. While I appreciate the fact that the third movie has the gall to beat the crap out of its main characters and kill two of them, it still was unsatisfactory.
Yeah, the problem wasn't that the heroes died, it is that they got a pyhrryc (sp?) victory, at best. They geve their lifes for little.

The interpretation I got was that Neo chose to surrender to Smith and when he was over-written, the Matrix or whatever was finally able to lock in on Smith and delete him from the program.
Ok, fine. But it is a diversion. Screw Smith, I wanna see the matrix die. They fought most of the time against the machine society, then they go "oh, cool, let's be friends, smith is bad". and the whole war is forgotten.

As for the truce, its a great idea if you see what it created in (the supposedly dreadful) Matrix Online game but as it is in the film, I'm forced to agree.
Well, i know next to nothing about it too.

omg neo is teh fagot LOLZ
that surely wasn't my point :)

The fact that the Matrix sequels didn't do nearly as well publicly as expected. :)
makes sense. :p

Shamefully, horribly - Dark Horse Comics did a "Star Wars Infinite" series which is an "alternate" telling of the original trilogy. Let me put it to you this way: ROTJ ends with Vader turning back to the light side and wearing a WHITE version of his armor.
Ugh. If I keep picturing that, I'll throw up.

LeHah said:

Hehheeh, i remember that one.
The best inifinity end was the ANH one, with Yoda throwing the DS to the Imperial Palace, and Leia being saved by Luke from the Darkside

Edfilho said:
Ok, fine. But it is a diversion. Screw Smith, I wanna see the matrix die. They fought most of the time against the machine society, then they go "oh, cool, let's be friends, smith is bad". and the whole war is forgotten.

Personally, I wouldn't care as much as I do about the series if it weren't for Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith. The usually excellent Fishburn was delegated to a beaten-down dog of a character by the series end. Weaving at least had some personality instead of the 'too cool for school' nonsense that the main characters had.

Edfilho said:
Well, i know next to nothing about it too.

As I understand it, the truce is in place but the Merovingian is trying to turn either side into an attack against the other. The whole thing has gone from outright war to gurrella actions.

In defense of DYRL, the Zentraedi and Meltrandi fleets were facing off against each other, and the SDF-1 happened to be in the middle, since the sudden arrival of the latter fleet pretty much focused Bodolza's attention away from the SDF-1.

After Bodolza pretty much eliminated the Meltrandi fleet with the destruction of Laplamiz, Hikaru finally got Minmei to stop being a jerk and sing the song, which caused a large portion (if not all) of the Zentraedi fleet to open fire on Bodolza, which distracted him long enough for the SDF-1 to infiltrate the ship and launch Valkyries, from which Hikaru makes his way into Bodolza's main chamber and explodies his head.

DYRL was highly different than the television series and was retconned in Macross 7 to be a glamorous retelling of Space War 1. Almost kind of a UN Spacy recruitment video.

Edfilho said:
then we get an uneasy truce where the machines refrain from crushing puny hu-mans because neo can beat the hell out of Smith. Which he doesn't. And there is a pretty rainbow.

I found this aspect of the movie strangely fitting. Note that in the world of Matrix its ultimately the humans who are/were the bad guys. So from that POV its not bad that they are at dependent at the word of the machines.
Revolution was bad, but not because of that truce imho.

This is very obviously answered by the architect, saying that Neo and Smith are two opposite sides of an equation needed to fool the people into accepting the matrix. Thats why both of them are immortal untill you can kill both at exactly the same time (hey yr12 level maths actually does have a use in real life :p )

found this aspect of the movie strangely fitting. Note that in the world of Matrix its ultimately the humans who are/were the bad guys. So from that POV its not bad that they are at dependent at the word of the machines.
Actually its the machines that are dependant on the humans, so intil they find analternate power source theres no way in hell they'll let go of what they have now. That and letting everybody free would kill 99% of them anyways.

Aplha 1-1 said:
Actually its the machines that are dependant on the humans, so intil they find analternate power source theres no way in hell they'll let go of what they have now. That and letting everybody free would kill 99% of them anyways.

First off I'd like to agree about the dissapointing nature of revolutions.

Second, From a human standpoint, the matrix suddenly dying would have been an ultimate tragedy as well. Can you imagine what would happen if all humans were suddenly free of the matrix? It took neo quite a while to recover. He was essentially helpless with his muscles atrophied and such.

All of those freed people would need similar treatment, plus places to live and food to eat. Logistically, that scenario is a nightmare that would result in the death of almost all of those in the matrix. (not to mention the fact that there are those whose minds just would not be able to accept the fact that the matrix was a constuct)

The only possible solution I can think of would have been for the humans (and neo) to gain control of the matrix, essentially replace the architect and what not so they could gradually free their fellow humans. ( as oposed to the movie where the architect says that they are only going to free those who want to leave)

Aplha 1-1 said:
This is very obviously answered by the architect, saying that Neo and Smith are two opposite sides of an equation needed to fool the people into accepting the matrix. Thats why both of them are immortal untill you can kill both at exactly the same time (hey yr12 level maths actually does have a use in real life

Neo is not immortal, as he ages between the first and second movie. He's also killed in the first movie, as is Smith. Then Neo is injured numerous times in the sequels.

Aplha 1-1 said:
This is very obviously answered by the architect, saying that Neo and Smith are two opposite sides of an equation needed to fool the people into accepting the matrix. Thats why both of them are immortal untill you can kill both at exactly the same time (hey yr12 level maths actually does have a use in real life )

But why would the machine create a human, rather than another program, who could balance Smith out this way, especially before he got so... malignant after the second movie? Making a person who could, in theory, tear apart the Matrix sounds more like a bad plot device than anything sensible.

Aplha 1-1 said:
found this aspect of the movie strangely fitting. Note that in the world of Matrix its ultimately the humans who are/were the bad guys. So from that POV its not bad that they are at dependent at the word of the machines.

Eh, I still say it was revenge on the part of the Machines - even with that cloud in the way, they MAY have found other power sources; normal fusion perhaps, or beaming power down from solar collectors in orbit or something - they probably spend more power feeding and maintaining the humans in the Matrix than they get out of them, given that humans don't produce very much power in terms of heat or most other measures.

Neo is not immortal, as he ages between the first and second movie. He's also killed in the first movie, as is Smith. Then Neo is injured numerous times in the sequels.
But neither of them could truely be destroyed within the matrix.
But why would the machine create a human, rather than another program, who could balance Smith out this way, especially before he got so... malignant after the second movie? Making a person who could, in theory, tear apart the Matrix sounds more like a bad plot device than anything sensible.
Probably because none of the machines could handle the concept of free will, the one key flaw of the matrix? So why not dump that crapload of data in a human mind. Ands it's my understanding that Neo and the previous 'ones' had advanced minds from birth. Besides this we know that the matrix had failed in the past when they talk about losing whole crops and such inmy personal favourite animatrix episodes "the second renaissance 1&2"

Aplha 1-1 said:
But neither of them could truely be destroyed within the matrix.

They both were, as obviously witnessed at the end of Revolutions.

Aplha 1-1 said:
Ands it's my understanding that Neo and the previous 'ones' had advanced minds from birth.

Thats a nice idea - but we only know the sixth incarnation of the "one", not the other five. Anything else is, as the famous captain says, "sterile conjecture".

Aplha 1-1 said:
Besides this we know that the matrix had failed in the past when they talk about losing whole crops and such inmy personal favourite animatrix episodes "the second renaissance 1&2"

I believe the "matrix" has only failed once - when it attempted to make a perfect society. The "whole crops" thing doesn't nessessarily have to do with the matrix as a program, per se.

The third matrix was my favorite due to the awesome battle featuring the Sentinels Vs. Whatever those human robot tanks were called.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
The third matrix was my favorite due to the awesome battle featuring the Sentinels Vs. Whatever those human robot tanks were called.
I personally felt the movie was great up to that point and that particular scene(s) was outstanding yet at the end of it neo gets to the... whatever that thing was and it was as if the whole movie came to a screeching halt (...wait! It did didn't it!:D ). The smith/neo fight just wasn't that interesting or intense.

Mjr. Whoopass said:

I have long thought that you're meerly a puppet for one of the mods as a joke against internet stupidity. You've just cemented yourself as evidence in that conspiracy.

Back