physical models to buy?

The last one looks very interesting. Kinda like a mix of Nephilim and Kilrathi design.
What timeline is this one planed for?

Not sure what you mean by

What timeline is this one planed for?

If you mean in game, its fluff to be a ship developed around prophecy or later. It includes design influence from the kilrathi dreadnaught, but also sees a need for a faster cruiser that is heavily armored enough to deal with the Neph threat. It has 2 squadrons of fighters and packs 2 heavy capship weapons in addition to a capmissile launcher and a spread of smaller armaments.

If you mean when will it be physically released for purchase, its been available for months now. I recommend trans detail. It polishes smoother than frosted detail.

Steltek Carrier

After about the 5th attempt at photographing this thing I got a batch that works well enough. I eventually had to photograph it on a light blue background so I could both get dynamic range and a color that is easily removed. The model itself is quite smooth, most of the texture is done by airbrushing through various masks.

I think this set of pictures best shows how cool this model looks as you rotate it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Steltek carrier_1000.jpg
    Steltek carrier_1000.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 687
Aw man, These are great!
It makes me want to get back into tabletop gaming, just wish I had the time.

Find the time! Life is short :)

Indeed. I play a handful of times each year because family, work, and life like to impose their own demands. But you have to have a second childhood at some point! Even if its just a few hours a month strung out. You should always find some way to play, no matter how old or busy.

Its a bit off topic, but I have been playing that Blood Bowl remake on Steam, that takes me back to my childhood in classic turnbased mode :)

These are fantastic. Just wanted to post some positive feedback.

Any chance we'll see the movie ships in the future? :)

These are fantastic. Just wanted to post some positive feedback.

Any chance we'll see the movie ships in the future? :)

Thanks!

Unfortunately I was not a big fan of the designs in the movie. I will be modeling wc1, wc2, privateers before I even think of the movie designs. (read as Ill never get to them) But anyone else with 3d modeling experience is more than encouraged to model them, or even the wc1 and 2 ships. I did these because I desperately wanted the ships. But if someone else wants to design them I will, as I have before, happy buy them off of shapeways as long as the price is low enough (remember to hollow out your designs) And frankly, the hours it takes to model means said "low price" isnt all that low. Id rather just buy the stupid things from someone else shop if they have enough detail for my purposes.

I would rather paint than model. Though sometimes I get an itch that has to be scratched and nothing gets in my way. If no one steps up sometimes I have to=)

So download a copy of google sketch and give it a shot! Modeling can be great fun, when you have the time. My 2.5 yr old and 1 month old are rather sweet and cute time sinks =)

Hi folks,

I have recently bought some of Astro Commanders Models from his Shapeway site.
Very nice stuff, just be sure to select ultradetailed material. ;)
First painted is a Drahlti:
Drahlti_MkIV.jpg

More soon!

That's gorgeous! It's great to see more people being able to do great things with Astro's models.

more!
FS_Drahlti_1.jpg

Kilrathi Drahlti MkIV together with fleet scale Drahltis and Vaktohts.
FS_Drahlti_2.jpg

The fleet scale fighter are a real pleasure to paint!

The new 2nd Technical Manual supplement for Victory Decision - the US Technical Manual - is doing well on Wargame Vault; thanks to all who bought a copy.
Time for me to do something totally different; I painted a 15mm Khurasan Felid that might be used as a Kilrathi Noble...
Klirathi_Noble.jpg

more here:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/general_scifi.html

BTW: The lead WC I models are all on the painting table, expect them soon fully painted!

Nice find on those cat minis. I cant wait to see your ground combat game on a table. It will make me wish I were affluent enough to actually fly to a nonlocal con... or germany =) Great pictures!

In other news I have a couple more models up on SW, and hope to have them proofed within a month. Im shifting over to designing for ultra detail material since it makes the modeling a little bit less time consuming to be able to have thinner walls, and smaller features. It basically means I dont have to go back over the model with as fine tooth of a comb to find unprintable features. Isnt technology grand.

And Ill be seeing whomever shows up to Tacticon for the WC game. It will probably be a similar scenario as 6 months ago since "life" has eaten into my game planning time.

Good news, I am looking forward to your new Confed fighters!
:)
I have painted again more, this time a Confed fighter from the WCI era, the Hornet!
WC_I_Hornet.jpg

Available by Studio Bergstrom and sculpted by our Astro Commander!

Awesome work! Much better than my attempts at painting he same thing. Next minis I'll inspire on yours. kudos

Back