Original SFX in the Kilrathi Saga?

Redd

Spaceman
Hi, I've noticed that the Kilrathi Saga version of WC uses simple .wav files for the sound effects, so it should be possible to port the original SFX from the DOS version. Has this already been done?

I guess that you'd have to record the original effects straight from the DOS-version and save these as wav.
As far as I know, an attempt in that direction hasn't been made yet.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be hard, but it could be tedious for dubious benefit. It'd be cool if someone did it, but there's not really a crowd of people out there playing Kilrathi Saga wishing it had different music. The differences are minimal enough that if you care that much, you're probably someone who wants the whole authentic package and would just play the DOS version.

It'd be cool if someone did it, but there's not really a crowd of people out there playing Kilrathi Saga wishing it had different music.
He's not asking about the music; he's asking about sound effects, such as the laser gun effect. Either way, the answer is the same: You need to record or render the MIDI sound effect as WAV to make that work.

I'm surprised HCl's page doesn't have them. BTW where are the midi files and if they're in a special compressed file, how do I access it?

Thanks!

Back