Order of the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonetz

Spaceman
maybe I've done too many drugs over the years but this is confusing the hell out of me.

OK if someone could just break it all down Mr. Potato Head style for me I'd appreciate it =)

I understand WC1 is first then 2 , 3, but thats when I stopped playing them, I played the hell out of 3 was probably my favorite computer game ever, but I didn't even know about the others and stumbled across this site.

Prophicies is the newest? and whats up with GBA etc, I don't know. If someone could just give me an over view of all the games I'd love to start playing this again just not sure which to get. thanks

Okay, here we go:

WC 1, SM 1, SM 2
WC 2, SO 1, SO 2
Privateer
Academy (I'm not sure these two are in exactly the right order, but bear with me here)
Armada, Proving Grounds (free expansion)
WC 3
WC 4
Prophecy
Special Operations (stand-alone game utilizing the Prophecy engine)
Prophecy on the Game Boy Advance

Somewhere in the upper part of that list is both the Super NES version of Wing Commander 1 and Super Wing Commander for the Macintosh and (maybe) something else, but I'm not sure where. Both are roughly analagous to the PC version of WC 1, if I recall correctly.

you sir are the man, thank you. Sounds like from what I've read most ppl enjoy them all and not just proficey / SO.

Are you kidding? Nobody knows when Privateer 2 was made. It looks and feels so timeless. I can never get over what a weird game that was. I loved it, but man, so weird! I think I'm just gonna dredge up some old Privateer 2 thread and talk about it there.

Im pissed cause i cant get my copy of Privateer 2 to work... i kno this should be in another thread but after my last one... i dont like the idea of starting threads

I wouldn't get discouraged about starting new threads. Mine get closed too but I'll keep starting them anyway. But I just didn't understand what the "twist" was on your thread about the favorite fighters. It still seemed like all the others.

p.s. I've actually made my Privateer 2 work pretty good except for some sound issues. The tech support forums have been extremely helpful. You should read over them.

Good idea, actually. Check the WC & XP thread at the top if that's the problem. Might have what you're looking for. Also, try a directed search in that forum on Privateer 2, see if they know anything.

Priv II was made somewhere between WC 4 and Prophecy, I believe, but I'm not sure.

Stonetz, yes, they're all enjoyable. Privateer is especially well-loved, judging from the number of people trying to get it running in dosBox. I know I lvoed it. Priv 2 is good, but it's kinda... different.

Production timeline (only PC titles mentioned except the GBA thing):
WC 1, SM1, SM2
WC2, SO1, SO2
Academy
Privateer 1, RF
Armada
WC3
WC4
Privateer 2
WC Prophecy
Secret Ops
Unknown Enemy
WC Prophecy GBA

In game timeline should be like this IIRC:

WC 1, SM1, SM1.5, SM2
WC2, SO1, SO2
Academy
Armada
Privateer 1
WC3
Privateer 1 - RF
WC4
WC Prophecy
Unknown Enemy (IIRC)
WC Secret Ops
Privateer 2

WC Prophecy PC and WC Prophecy GBA are the same game, just different hardware.

Privateer is roughly concurrent with both Armada and WC 3. Unknown Enemy is concurrent with part of Prophecy (have to look at a more detailed timeline to be sure on exactly what part).

Standoff (a Secret Ops mod in development) is between WC 2 and WC 3, but before Armada. Armada is directly after the Battle of Terra in Fleet Action. Unknown Enemy is also a mod for Secret Ops.

SM 1.5 is part of Super Wing Commander.

There is a page that explains how to make Priv2 work on WXP. it's mentioned in the trch support forums.

People here are quite ok with the opening of new threads, as long as they are NEW indeed. Please search the foruns before asking somthing, chances are it was answered several times before.

And don't start favorite fighter, or favorite whatever threads. People are getting very, very tired of them around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back