Orchestra Recording on Track for August With Chorus to Follow in October (July 7, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
It's been a bit since fans successfully crowdfunded a brand new album of George Oldziey's Wing Commander music, so Mr. Oldziey popped back in today to give everyone an update. The live orchestra will be recording its Wing Commander tracks in Budapest on August 19. George will then take a couple months to process this material and compose the corresponding choral elements. Then the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in Salt Lake City will perform their piece in October. Everything still has an excellent chance of coming together into a finished product by about the end of the year, which would be a really quick turnaround!

Greetlns all! I apologize for not keeping you better up to date on the WC volume two recording schedule.

So yes, our recording date with the Budapest Scoring Orchestra is set for Monday, August 19th. We will be utilizing two 4 hour sessions that day in order to record ALL of the orchestral music for the eintire project.

In addition, I’ve booked a studio in Salt Lake City, Utah to record members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to record all the choir parts for Saturday, October 12th for all the compositions that need choir. The reason for that later date serves two purposes. I need to create a good mix of the orchestra for the choir members to use as a reference, but it’s also when a great conductor friend of mine will be available to conduct the choir sessions so that I can focus on listening while looking at the score. Then I will be mixing the orchestra and choir elements in my studio to create an amazing musical canvas that I'm sure you will all love.

This schedule might impact the release date a bit, but I can ensure that everyone will receive the finished products in time for the holiday season 2024.

Again, my heartfelt thank to all of you for your amazing support!

Musically yours,

George

--
Original update published on July 7, 2024

Back