OpenGl Renderer for Standoff

Long time, no see.

I'm having a strange problem which seems to be semi-common, but I can't seem to solve it with any suggestion I've found.

I'm running Windows 7 with a Radeon HD5570, driver version 8.881.0.0. HDR bloom does not work at all in Standoff. It works great, however, in Secret Ops. The "Force alternative OpenGL Bloom" option does not tick automatically, and ticking it changes nothing. Enhanced lightning works, though, so it's still much prettier than I remember it being years ago.

So, as an experiment, I renamed stan_ogl.dll as stan_ogl.dll.old, and took the patched gl_00007.dll from Secret Ops and copied it as stan_ogl.dll. Suddenly, HDR bloom works fantastically in Standoff. However, 2d elements such as the Standoff loading screen and room graphics are far too large (only perhaps a quarter of the image can be seen on screen), although hotspots work as expected.

I'm not familiar with the innards of the two dll files, but it seems there is something intrinsically different about Standoff's opengl dll that prevents HDR bloom from working properly on my HD5570, and it seems others are having the problem, too.

Hi. The reason is that compatibility for ATI card was greatly enhanced in the lastest OpenGL version, but we released the WCP/SO version first. A Standoff version is currently being tested and should be available through autoupdate shortly.

To this day, I still haven't worked out why my particular installation refuses to download patches properly. Still sitting on 1.31, and I've already ruled out firewalls being an issue. Works fine on the PC I set up for my brother, but still doesn't work for me. Oh well, I suppose I should be thankful that I don't have any disastrous issues - just missing the most recent version of the OpenGL enhancement, so HDR doesn't work as it should.

Awesome Job with that latest Patch! Finally after switching from an 8800GT to a ATI 5850 i can enjoy Standoff in all its glory! Thanks a lot to the Standoff team for still patching and in general for this awesome Mod wich i think can hold its own against many if not all Wingcommander like games.

Can you now start with Standoff 2 or add in Multiplayer? :)

Can you now start with Standoff 2 or add in Multiplayer? :)

I'll politely say, no and no, but tease that a special group of winguts, called the {REDACTED by Confederation Security} is working on something that is {REDACTED by Confederation Security.}

:cool:

I manually copied stan_ogl.dll and stan_ogl2.tre from my brother's PC, the files with the most recent time-stamps. The Launcher still says version 1.31, but I get HDR in Standoff now. Thanks for your efforts, team!

I manually copied stan_ogl.dll and stan_ogl2.tre from my brother's PC, the files with the most recent time-stamps. The Launcher still says version 1.31, but I get HDR in Standoff now. Thanks for your efforts, team!

If I were you wedge I'd copy the whole secret ops folder and put in your stsave, save , sthistory, history .gsw files and the .sim file.

Uh, no thanks. We keep independent copies and I know mine was up to date until the last few releases as files time-stamped earlier matched exactly.

Back