OpenGl Renderer for Standoff

MuffinMan

Spaceman
Hi,

How can I use the OpenGl render for Standoff?

I've read that I have to download the whole Secret Ops again (but I have it already with its OpenGL renderer) :http://standoff.solsector.net/downloads.shtml

Is there a link where I download this OpenGl adapted for standoff alone, without redownloading the whole Secret Ops?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, the opengl renderer I have is working perfectly with SO (nice graphics, realistic space...), however I have no idea how to make it works for Standoff. I checked Standoff's screenshots and they look exactly like SO under OpenGL, so I am sure it's possible.

Standoff uses its own built-in configuration to select OpenGL as the renderer. Make sure that you're using the launcher and not diving straight into the game executable itself.

The OpenGL modifications you're using for Prophecy and Secret Ops was developed out of the work done for Standoff, not the other way around.

Yes, the OpenGL renderer was originally developed for Standoff, so no need to install it or try to "make it work" with Standoff. MuffinMan, what is your video card ? The recently released OpenGL renderer for WCP/SO fixed a bug from the original Standoff version that makes it compatible with a broader range of video cards... we'll issue a new version of the Standoff version soon, when we know this new version is fully debugged.

I read somewhere that Standoff either uses Direct3D or OpenGl, but I see nothing to select of it in the launcher's options.

Btw, I only have installed the Standoff's Prologue so far, does that make any difference?

Ok, here are my screenshots:

This one shows what I am getting on my Standoff:

clipboard01onr.jpg

and this what I am getting on the regular Secret Ops:

clipboard02wp.jpg

What I am getting on SO is far nicer, I am sure something is not working right for Standoff. It just seems that my Standoff is not using OpenGl??

However, as you all probably know, this how Standoff is supposedly to look like: http://standoff.solsector.net/screenshots.shtml (even nicer than SO!)

Can you post a screenshot of your standoff launcher? The option to use OpenGL or Direct3D should be at the top of the option box.

OK, i am going to download the whole Ep 1-4 from the Standoff's official website (I got the prologue from wcnews).

Maybe the Prologue on wcnews is probably old because on its launcher's help, the author is saying that Standoff only works on D3D, he's NOT mentioning OpenGL at all, so probably the prologue uploaded there is outdated, am I right?

Okay, yes, you have an old version. Download the new version from the Standoff website and then install Episode 5 on top of that. Then you should be able to select OpenGL.

Yikes...yeah looks like you downloaded the original prologue installer. You want the Ep1-4 package and then you want to download the Ep5 package as well. That way the autoupdater will also run to make sure you have the newest version of everything.

Ok, it's working great now! wooohooo!!

But I still have 1 question, I've set the Res to Full HD (1920 x 1080) and I am getting black side bars.

Is there any widescreen hack for Standoff?

umm never mind my silly question, it's working nicely widescreen in space. the bars are only showing up in the room, so no big deal.

Back