Old Callsigns with a modern touch

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
So I just started a new playthru of the Wing Commander games, as I am known to do from time to time. I just finished a fresh Mass Effect playthru - 1 thru 3 with the DLC. Sometimes I like to link my video game universes together if possible. So when I was presented with the option tonight of making my name and callsign in Wing Commander 1, I choose "Shepard" as the last name and "Reaper" as the callsign. I was just wondering if any other wingnuts around here have cross-pollinated their games, so to speak.

While not quite the same thing, I've named my Shepard for the ME playthrough I'm doing 'Clara', after the new Doctor Who companion (although I'm playing her more like Carrie Mathison from Homeland).

Most people were 11 when they played Wing Commander, which is why the pilot's canonical name is Colonel Christopher "Poop" Stinkbreath.

Confirmed. It's cannon.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 76
Most people were 11 when they played Wing Commander, which is why the pilot's canonical name is Colonel Christopher "Poop" Stinkbreath.
Not to hijack this thread, but I was 22 when Wing Commander came out. Spent $1000 upgrading my computer to a 486-33.
Egads. Who IS the oldest guy on this board?

I now return you to your regular thread topic...

Not to hijack this thread, but I was 22 when Wing Commander came out. Spent $1000 upgrading my computer to a 486-33.
Egads. Who IS the oldest guy on this board?

I now return you to your regular thread topic...

You were 22....when it came out? I'm 23 now....good lord....

Got me licked; I was 13 when Wing Commander came out. It's about the only good thing I can remember about 1990. Played in on a 286 at 16 MHz. Didn't uprate to a 486 until The Seventh Guest. Still had that damn 486 when I got Wing Commander III......30 minutes just for Blair to hop up the stairs from the flight deck to flight control. Ah, those were the days...

For the record, I think I'd go with the Puss In Boots. If nothing else, he could confuse the enemy with his taunts. Or whatever that crap is he's saying half the time. It's Antonio Banderas...

Got me licked; I was 13 when Wing Commander came out. It's about the only good thing I can remember about 1990. Played in on a 286 at 16 MHz. Didn't uprate to a 486 until The Seventh Guest. Still had that damn 486 when I got Wing Commander III......30 minutes just for Blair to hop up the stairs from the flight deck to flight control. Ah, those were the days...

Used to be able to get a drink, nuke a meal, and drain the lizard while waiting for the finish of, "Downloading Navigation System Data." I even remember a radio ad here locally on WTKS that stole the lines: "Atomic Batteries To Power (Atomic Batteries?!?), Turbines To Speed."

For the record, I think I'd go with the Puss In Boots. If nothing else, he could confuse the enemy with his taunts. Or whatever that crap is he's saying half the time. It's Antonio Banderas...
Mr. Nasonex himself. How the mighty have fallen. What's the old saying? "Don't bring a sword to a gunfight"?

I'd give him the callsign Fencer.

Back