New HTL Archive site

Raptor

Spaceman
Hey all, Raptor here.

As I said in the other thread, our main archives haven't been updated in a while, and hence we had to stop publishing chapters here at the CIC. I've put together a new archive site though, that holds all published chapters which aren't at the main site. That'll let those of you who aren't on the mailing list catch up with the storyline. Rather than post the "missing" chapters individually at the CIC (which would cause the people here to fall further behind those on the mailing list), I'll let you read them from the site in your own time, and post links for new chapters as they're added to the site. This site is designed to be easy to update, so new chapters will be posted there at the same time they are released on the mailing list.

Best, Raptor

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~theraj/archives/start.htm

Out of curiousity, if you're updating something anyway, why not update htl.solsector.net instead?

Well, it's a question of keeping people happy and not treading on any toes. :) Neo's currently been out of touch for a while (which is the reason the main Archive site hasn't been updated in a while- the way we planned to do it was that he would write up new pages and send them to me to upload), and since he's been running the main HTL site for close to three years, I didn't want to start making changes without talking with him.

And yeah, it's probably being way over-cautious, but the reason HTL crew's hung together all these years (while most other writing groups in the Aces have given up the ghost) is that we try and talk these kind of things through in advance. I definitely don't plan to let the main archives go un-updated indefinitely, but I didn't want to jump the gun either. At the same time, I didn't want to let those who aren't on the mailing list fall further behind on the story, or take too long a break before resuming the posting of chapters here on the CIC. Setting up a "current chapter" archive seemed like the best compromise.

Best, Raptor

Don't worry

All HTL commitments will be upheld on my part... HTL is simply hasn't been my top commitment these past couple months.

- Neo

Re: Don't worry

No worries. I know real life has to take precedence over online stuff.

Best, Raptor

Text

Can I just ask, Rap, why it is you've taken to using a larger point size for the text on the new archive site and several of your mailings of chapters lately? Personally, I find the larger print a lot harder to read than small text. Had your eyes tested lately mate?

Re: Text

Odd, I find the opposite. Maybe it *is* time I made an appointment with the optermetrist. :) What's the general consensus around here? Is the print too large?

Best, Raptor

HTL, TCS ORION, Cynium, Loki IV

hey rap, im a 14 year old fighter jock and i can fly an EXcal belive i or not, but can u tell me where i can find any info on the Orion (Spits on floor) cynium and when the hell are the combined fleets gettin outta loki iv?

Zion the Reaper

Re: HTL, TCS ORION, Cynium, Loki IV

Originally posted by Unregistered
hey rap, im a 14 year old fighter jock and i can fly an EXcal belive i or not, but can u tell me where i can find any info on the Orion (Spits on floor) cynium and when the hell are the combined fleets gettin outta loki iv?

Zion the Reaper
Lifes a bitch then you die fuck the world and lets get high!

Back