Need help with Riper

Earthworm

Spaceman
Can anybody help me? I'm trying to use riper to get the movies from WC4, but I don't know how to use it. I've put all the files to a folder, I open the Riper, and now what? Do I need to take the movies.tre files directly from the CDs? I copied the movies.tre from the first disk to my HD, but it seems I can't use that.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

You don't need to do all that; just put Ripper5 in the Windows directory (or in its own directory, so long as it is somewhere in the path) and start up a DOS prompt. Then, in the DOS prompt, switch to the directory with the .tre files and type RIPPER5 <filename> where <filename> is the name of one of the .tre files.

I have been trying to get the ripper working for the past two hours.....no luck at all. I tried using what you said Stinger but still no luck.
frown.gif
Could you be a little more specific in what I'm suposed to do to get the movie tre files for Wing Commander ripped so I watch them. I have that xanmovie program by the way. I just can't get the files ripped.
I copied the ripper and it's docs and config files to c:\temp along with one of the tre files.
I tried opening a dos window and typing...c:\ripper5 <movies4.tre> but it keeps telling me "file creation error".
frown.gif

What am i doing wrong?
Please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should make it a bit clearer:

Put RIPPER5.EXE in your C:\Windows directory.
Start up a DOS prompt.
Go to the directory where the file you want to rip from is located.
If the file name is movies4.tre, then type:

RIPPER5 MOVIES4.TRE

That should do it.

weird application

when i use "ripper5" and it rippes the files i get a new "application" file????? why???? when i click on it nothing happends! what do i do?

I`d recommend using Tre_extractor program instead of the one you two are using. It works just fine.
If you want, email me and I`ll send it to you, since I don`t remember where I downloaded it from... come to think of it, it`s probably in the CIC files section.

At any rate, you can just drag the "tre" file you want to extract with the right mouse button on to the ripper or tre_extr program and it should extract the files without any problems.

Back