Multiplayer ship editing?

I've been wondering about this myself - what happens if I set up my Vampire file to use one set of missiles and someone else uses another?

It hasn't been tried, but I'm not sure if it would work, as all players would have to have the same stats for all ships, otherwise I'd imagine you'd get out of sync errors or something. You could try e-mailing HCl and getting his opinion on it.

Would be funny. My laser goes 20000kps and does 9999999 damage! RAWR!

Post your finding, would be cool to know although im sure hcl said to me there is some sort of checking done for consistency, not too sure about that so dont quote me :p

Oh yes there is an anti-cheating mechanism built into the patch. That's why there are some odd scores in larger games, has some to do with lag.

I've never actually played online, but play lots of network games at home. I'll test it out in a few weeks when I'm home next, and let you know. If I get out of sync errors, I'll try editing the ships the same way on both computers, and see how that goes.

I've never actually played online, but play lots of network games at home. I'll test it out in a few weeks when I'm home next, and let you know. If I get out of sync errors, I'll try editing the ships the same way on both computers, and see how that goes.

I don't think it will work. I might still have an old e-mail from HCl talking about this when I asked him about adding the SO ships to MP. Although, I'm not sure if they are always active (ie if scores aren't going to be reported to CIC), again I'm just kind of guessing here.

The point is not ADD a new ship else change a ship setup.
I have not the source code to multiplayer but I think that placing the new modified files into game subdirectories could work. I don´t remember if WCP is enable to read those subdirectories when the game start or if the game only read the tre files besides the subdirectories contents.

IIRC the patch checks for such things so that someone can't cheat during games. I'd have to double check the e-mail HCl sent me, if I still have it.

Nightshade, you should join us sometime in #wingnut, WCP MP is the most fun when there are at least 4 players, since the void is literally a void in MP.

Back