Mib 2

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
MIIB: MEN IN BLACK 2

I felt that MIB 2 was a good movie, but I felt that it wasn't better than the first movie. Personally, in my opinion, the first movie had better character development and Jones/Smith worked much better together. In this latest installment I feel that the movie was a little rushed and they had some difficulty working in the entire plot into the hour and a half. I am a true Pug dog fan, so seeing Frank the Pug in a more abundent roll was certainly awesome. I just saw it for the second time at the theaters and I did enjoy it if not more than the first time I saw it. The movie is certainly worthy of seeing in the theaters.

Black Suits are comin! Nod Your head!

I thought it was pretty good. It was really funny, but I do think the first one was better. MIB2 was more of comedy, and the first one kinda explained all the conspereses and such. But it was a good movie.

Nah, MIB2 just didn't do it for me. There were some chuckles, sure, but it was basically just a rehash of the first one, sans Linda Fiorentino.

And the Michael Jackson cameo was the most frightening cameo in the entire history of cameos! :eek:

Although I do agree that MIB 2 wasn't as good as the first one, I did enjoy it quite a lot. The reason I think it was worse was that it's been done before. I mean, MIB was great because it was so interesting, getting introduced to the whole underground society of an extra terrestrial police organization. How cool is that? The second one was just story, no introduction to new concepts. I also didn't really enjoy the way they got K back.

P.S. Can anyone explain to me how Zed flew up in the air for ten seconds while constantly kicking? I mean, I know it's a comedy but there is such a thing as suspension of disbelief.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
...sans Linda Fiorentino.
I was a bit annoyed that Jay neuralised Elle. What kind of person wants to go back to a morgue, of all places? Of course, I assume that was only 'cause Ms Fiorentino was unavailable for the filming. Or something like that.

And the Michael Jackson cameo was the most frightening cameo in the entire history of cameos!
Hey, I thought that was rather funny. Even more so because at first, I thought they just used a lookalike.

Can anyone explain to me how Zed flew up in the air for ten seconds while constantly kicking?
No idea. Some trick he learned from that lady he was talking about at the end?

As for MIB2 being too much comedy and not enough story, I thought that's what the whole show was about. I think the original was advertised as a comedy, yet it felt more like sci-fi action movie. Not that that's a bad thing, I liked both of them, anyway.

And the Michael Jackson cameo was the most frightening cameo in the entire history of cameos! :eek:

What class of alien was ?
And why an alien want to be a MIB?

Originally posted by Hamlet
I thought it was pretty good. It was really funny, but I do think the first one was better. MIB2 was more of comedy, and the first one kinda explained all the conspereses and such. But it was a good movie.
Well, there are only few cases in which the sequel is as good as the "original"... especially in cases of comedy movies... just like "back to the future" and ghostbusters... the sequels are not "too bad", but... well, I think you know what I mean...

I took my little sister to see MIB2 yesterday afternoon -- I thought it was a lot better than the reviews I'd heard on the interweb. It didn't have that "wow, this is such a strange concept fora movie" edge that the original did... but the interplay between the characters was great and there were a lot of amusing little bits. The story itself doesn't get enough credit -- it did a great job of keeping you interested while running through all the concepts from the original they had to bring back...

If anything, the complaint is that it didn't *try* to be more than a good sequel... but that's just fine for a movie like this.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
If anything, the complaint is that it didn't *try* to be more than a good sequel... but that's just fine for a movie like this.
I think that's the sad thing about most movies coming out these days: Just see to it that many people watch it, that's all that matters :(

Now even though I agree with you that it'd be nicer if some movies didn't comeout just for money's sake you can't really blame the companies for wanting to make money. :)

I should say that MIB 2 was a good movie. Which had an alien transform into a Lingerie Model and Fuzzie aliens saying ' All Hail J'. But what I'd like to see is the Matrix : Reloaded (go Neo).

Back