Mark Your Calendars For The CIC Birthday Party (June 12, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

It's getting to be that time of year again. We've picked up a lot of new visitors over the last year, so here's all the basics. In less than two months, the Wing Commander CIC turns 8 years old. Every August 10, we hold a big birthday party online in #Wingnut. With dozens and dozens of fans together at once, this is always a fantastic opportunity to network with fans, set up multiplayer games and recharge your enthusiasm in Wing Commander. The CIC also gives away prizes such as WC games, novels, collectibles and other merchandise. And best of all, there are always tons and tons of exciting updates on various fan projects and to the website. The 8th Birthday might be our biggest event yet, and we hope you can join us.

partyhatt.gif
Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 10, 2006. We officially begin gathering in our irc chat room at 7:00 pm Eastern US (4:00 pm Pacific and 11:00 pm GMT). Prizes are distributed and the suspense builds for an hour until we unveil the website updates and celebrate the exact anniversary moment. People usually continue to celebrate for several hours afterwards as they play games with other fans and check out the updates posted to the site. #Wingnut is also always open, so feel free to stop by any time between now and the party. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer. Hope to see you there!

--
Original update published on June 12, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I might actually get to join in for the whole party this year, for the first time in... wow, eight years. It's good to be so near to graduation. My first real job is so close I can almost taste it...

Were you at the first one? This year has some real potential to be the biggest yet.

I'll have to grep through the logs to see which ones I've attended, but I'm pretty sure I was at the first. I'm looking forward to this year's party! I've missed chatting with everyone on #Wingnut.

Back