LOAF's Mission and WC4 DVD

AdmiralHuang

Spaceman
Been reading through the news today. Anybody have any clue what Mr. LOAF went to Texas for? And what is this WC4 DVD I keep hearing about? Is it available for sale?

LOAF went to Texas to meet with some producers hoping to get some WC stuff. He can probably tell you more about it himself. The WC4 DVD came in tow forms: the WC4 game on a two sided DVD, or just WC4 on a single DVD-rom. However, you need a special card to watch the movies in the double sided rom.

Here is what you need to know about LOAF's Mission:

1.) It was a success
2.) You will reap the benefits from it
3.) You will quite possibly be indebted to him for the rest of your days if all goes according to plan

WCIVDVD (the double sided version) is Wing Commander IV with high quality mpeg video sequences.

Sylvester said:
Theres a "Buy now" wing IV DVD on Ebay for $25

Wow. So not helpful on many levels. Why? Anyone who can find it knows about it already (due to being EBat addicts), and anyone who can't find it (or is super lazy like me) doesn't have a link... next time post a link to 'discoveries.'

Well, the one that was on there just sold so you won't find it now, but the seller has dozens of them and always reposts the auction.

Normally, here's the procedure for those who "can't find it"
Go to http://www.ebay.com
Type "Wing Commander 4 DVD" in the search window
Click the first thing that comes up

Hi! Haven't been here for a while, and I'm glad to be back.
As for the two sided WC4DVD, I have it and it is the only reason I still keep my Creative Labs Encore DXR2 card in my computer ( this thing is like 4 years old, maybe 5 ).
So if you don't have it, the only other option is to buy single sided DVD, which is 6 CD-s on one DVD. Yes, that means no high quality MPEG movies, sorry. Or you can try to get Encore DXR2 or 3 card, somewhere in old computers store...
Good luck!

LeHah said:
Here is what you need to know about LOAF's Mission:

1.) It was a success
2.) You will reap the benefits from it
3.) You will quite possibly be indebted to him for the rest of your days if all goes according to plan
Cool, when will we be informed of the nature of LOAF's mission and it's results ? Today ? Next week ? As a Christmas gift on december 25th ? April 28th as my birthday present ? Next easter to celebrate the ressurection of the Christ... heu I mean WC ? Next CIC birthday party ?

I am excited about this, hope to get some news about this soon !

Oh, sorry. I don't think it's much of a secret, really... we just haven't gone into it on the CZ (G) We're working on a project to archive a lot of WC-related documents and video footage and such...

PopsiclePete said:
Cool, when will we be informed of the nature of LOAF's mission and it's results ? Today ? Next week ? As a Christmas gift on december 25th ? April 28th as my birthday present ? Next easter to celebrate the ressurection of the Christ... heu I mean WC ? Next CIC birthday party ?

I am excited about this, hope to get some news about this soon !

I can't speak for LOAF's mission for I am a mere low man on the ladder, so I must quote the famous line for Duke Nukem Forever: "It's done when it's done"

But I don't think it should take any large amount of time. Check the CZ thread involving the Maps; LOAF made mention to some Privateer 3 production stuff he got his hands on.

I will go look at it. Thanks a lot.

Again, this Mr. LOAF seems like an interesting fellow. I should get to know him better. He appears to be a very dedicated fan.

I hang around in #WingNut all day while I'm at work... and I'm generally on AIM all time time (BanditLOAF).

Back