Learning how to build Missions for WCP/SO

Adm_maverick

Rear Admiral
So, no beating around the bush: I've been pointed to a couple old tutorials about using a program called WCPPas to build missions for WCP/SO.

So first off, resources.

WCPPas is apparently a a compiler designed to build WCP/SO Missions.
You will probably need a copy of vcl50.bpl. I have a copy of this file but I couldn't find a source to get it online that didn't seem suuuuuuper-sketchy. If I can get a hosting space I'll toss it up and provide a link to it.

Tutorial site, provided on the Wing Commander Unknown Enemy website.

These are the tutorials I'm following and will be using as the basis for my efforts.

So, with that taken care of let's get started.

When I was like 18 - I don't remember anything from that far back... sadly.
There's the odd sight or experience from that age that I would like to be able to recall :(
Hehe. The loss of memory is in itself an experience worth remembering it. As fans, we often get frustrated when the people who made the games or films we love claim not to recall particular details of the creation process.

When I was like 18 - I don't remember anything from that far back... sadly.
There's the odd sight or experience from that age that I would like to be able to recall :(

My first question would be what version of WCPPasc are you using?

When I look at the 'About' window in the program itself it says Console version 3.0d and compiler version 1.0 R24d. When I look at properties under window explorer it says version 2.4.

And new question (I donno could be related to the map question), when I open WCPPas I get 3 blank windows that open along with it labled"Output" "IFF[1:1]" and "Help". Is this a problem or can I just close and ignore them?

2018-08-30 (1).png

So, how goes it?

Very slowly right now. Dealing with setting up a Programming study group at work that needs to cover the material covered in the "Intro to Programming" and "Java 1" classes so that's been my focus for the last week or so. Haven't had much time to devout to learning the mission building mechanics.

Back