KS WC3 problem

Hobbie

Spaceman
Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, please? My missiles fire before I take off at whatever is targeted. They do this everytime, usually making Hobbes eject in teh first mission. Is there a way to fix this easily? Thanks.

So what you're saying is that without pressing any joystick buttons or hitting any keyboard keys, your missles fire at whatever happens to be infront of you at the time. Right?

Maybe there's something wrong with your joystick ...
confused.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the missiles lock on and then fire, weird thing is that it didn't happen on the last campaign I did in the game.

Are you sure you don`t press enter too many times when it loads the game?
smile.gif

Nope I don't press enter too many times
wink.gif
,although I don't know how to solve this problem so if anyone has any ideas about how to fix it please help.

Disconnect your joystick and try again with your keyboard or mouse instead. At least you`ll know where the problem originates.
If everything works out, the problem is with the joystick and you might want to try downloading an alternative joystick driver from the files section. If you continue to fire missiles, something may be wrong with the installation.

Those were the first two things I did, re-installed and disconnected the joystick (it was giving me problems anyway with flight). I could just re-install without the joyustick but I don't know if that would accomplish anything.

I had to completely delete the joystick in Game Controllers/Program Files, unplug the joystick then re-install, I couldn't just unplug the joystick. So I am now flying with the mouse for the first time (ain't half bad, a little jerky) until I can get a better joystick.

Well I would rather have the joystick. It is terrible flying wiht the mouse in a Longbow. Not to mention I can't play the Star Wars flight sims.

Mouse play = good.

Hmm, optical mouse... I haven't seen one of those since grade 10. In fact, I've forgotten they exist. Ah, those were the days...
How exactly are they better, though?

Their biggest advantage is that they don't collect any dust and hence don't have to be cleaned that often.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Back