KS Joystick Problems

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
When I was playing KS yesterday, my joystick froze in the middle of space combat. It works for a few seconds each time i enter a game, but then craps out. It works fine with other applications and i havent experienced any problems with KS before, and i have had it over a year. Somebody help me!

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
version 7.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Earthworm

Spaceman
I have DX6, and my KS works great. I heard that some games have problems with DX7.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
Well, i dont think its a DirectX problem because I have had version seven a while and havent experienced problems since two days ago.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

TC

SubCrid
OK, what has changed just before this started happening (though you should try the DX thing, stuff just happens sometimes
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaceboy

Spaceman
Do you have DirectX version 7.0a. I had problems with my joystick too, until I downloaded 7.0a. 7.0a has certain fixes for USB and input devices.

------------------
Why don't we do it in the road?

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
Ok, Ive tried everything. I've tried every version of DirectX known to man, and still have this same persisting problem. I would love a suggestion, but maybe i should just reinstall it

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Death's Head

Spaceman
I have certain problems with the speech in KS being garbled and occasionally skipping/repeating. I sthis direct-x related or cd spin related?

TC

SubCrid
It is quite possibly Direct X... (easy to check, there is a copy of version 3 on the CD I believe...) If that doesn't help post some specs so we can guess (That's all we ever seem to do... guess
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator: