Krant and Firekkan Fighters Reintroduced to Wing Leader (July 20, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
We've got two Wing Leader ships today for the price of one! Howard Day has made major refinements to both his Krant and Firekkan 'Valtar' design. Both have extremely spiffy new cockpit art for display in the project's rolling demo. Pay close attention to the Kilrathi fighter and you'll see specially designed kat claws and articulated legs, not to mention cockpit damage. There's now a very nice lineup of alien ships in the game!

Got the Kilrathi Wingleader cockpits with legs and dual joysticks hooked up! Looks pretty cool, IMHO. Enjoy!

Alriiiiighty! I have the Wingleader Krant all hooked up and flying. I *very* likey. also, there's another...slight addition that really helps. pic.twitter.com/1e3nCsSYq9— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 19, 2024[/quote]

Got the Kilrathi Wingleader cockpits with legs and dual joysticks hooked up! Looks pretty cool, IMHO. Enjoy! pic.twitter.com/DnzyQs9LBX— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 19, 2024[/quote]

I got the Wing Leader Valtar hooked up too- still need to do missile logic, tho. pic.twitter.com/JHzmJeyDBV— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 20, 2024[/quote]

What do we think, chat? Glass reflections on the cockpits? Too much? Needs to be more subtle? Not worth doing? Lemme know! pic.twitter.com/KpE5xMjVlk— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 20, 2024[/quote]

--
Original update published on July 20, 2024

This project is coming together very nicely!

Glass reflections are a nice touch, they don;t look overbearing and give the impression of the glass curving in the bubble cockpit, its probably about right.

I am really, really loving every update from this project! I hardly ever have time for Wing Commander these days, but if there is any project that I wish I had the time to contribute to - this is the one. It's such a thing of beauty, it really looks like such a natural progression from the original 2D Wing Commanders to this.

Back