KOTOR 2 got an update

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
I'm surprised they didn't bake in the restored content mod while they were at it, or their own take on it.

On the other hand, gamers can still decide whether to play vanilla TSL or TSL with the RCM. Then again, I can barely imagine anyone not wating to play TSL with the RCM.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/ten-years-later-star-wars-kotor-ii-gets-an-official-up-1719284362

Sounds interesting, it was already on my STEAM wishlist to get at some point. Think I might get it sooner rather than later. Just have to get an xbox controller setup for my PC.

I've never hooked one up before, so anyone recommend any of hookups? I found this one yesterday: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076HD2W8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OC0GD7BGN1XU
I do wired personally but that 360 wireless hub should do the job nicely. Using a Dualshock 3 myself. Been playing the Aspyr Android version of KOTOR 1 using a Moga pad and a part of me still yearns for the mouse. Better than the godawful touchscreen controls.

I think it's great TSL got updated (and a little suprised it was first considering Aspyr's re-releases) but I'm still holding out for the first KOTOR. There's even a Restored content mod for that game as well. The android version has so far accepted every PC mod I've thrown at it.

Last edited:
I had always heard that KOTOR 1 was better then 2. Maybe with this update it will fix that. I haven't had the time to play either yet but I have them both on Steam.

Think the update will make it to GoG?

I had always heard that KOTOR 1 was better then 2. Maybe with this update it will fix that. I haven't had the time to play either yet but I have them both on Steam.

Well, it works and is more complete from the get go, but the writing is extremely limited. Personally I don't think bioware had great writers. TSL is a much, much more interesting (and fun) game, but you absolutely need the RCM upgrade. I tried playing the first one again and found it to be a slog.

Last edited:
Tried it out a bit last night.

After fixing an annoying camera bug (if you have another controllers plugged in it seems to get haywire and just spin the camera...problem solved by unplugging joystick), I gave it a whirl. It was a bit odd playing it with keyboard and mouse (previously I'd just played them both on Xbox). Played the prologue but then the game crashed as I was finishing it so moved on for now.

I'm going to give it another try tonight.

Yes, and I got a USB cable to use an Xbox One controller. Played for a bit yesterday while my girlfriend was getting ready. Worked perfect! So much nicer than using the keyboard/mouse. It was a lot funnier to play that way.

like you dundradal, never played kotor 2 before, but like you, I got it after the update and when it was on sale for like 3 dollars. full disclosure I have played Kotor 1 at least 3 times all the way through. I bought kotor 2 a couple months back, and finally beat it yesterday with a little over 40 hrs put into it and I loved it. The game is fun to play but is very very easy. the only parts that are hard is when the game splits your party up, and makes you use either one of your party members or just a few of them. I liked those sections though bc it made you connect with the characters you didnt always choose to take out with you. I played a jedi but usually had HK-47 and Mira with me. I love how you can upgrade most of your party to jedi status. The story is a lot darker and grim than kotor 1 with way more shades of grey. Number 1 is like a typical star wars game, good vs evil, but 2 just makes every thing more complete and complicated in a good way. The two games together are a master piece of story telling to me. It shows even if you tried to set the galaxy right, in the first game; things dont always work out the way you planned.

I did have a couple of glitches though where audio would cut in and out and dialogue would fly by as if I was skipping it even when I was not touching the controller, also the game crashed on me one time. Also you can also tell a lot of content was left out, im guessing bc of time constraints. I still think I prefer kotor 1 but only by the slimiest margins, this is a really great game.

You absolutely have to play it with the TSLRM mod enabled, It's not so much a mod, but huge community patch to fix the game's glaring problems in bugs and story. To play without it is to do yourself and the game a huge disservice. Pacing of the game is so much better throughout. It's most likely still the first mod on the steam workshop

I had a lot of fun with it...but then I'm pretty sure I've screwed myself. I didn't go meet the one Master in the palace when you are with the Mandolorians and I don't think it's possible to travel back to the space port once you leave.

Oh, that's good to know. Guess now I can fire it back up! I thought I'd gotten stuck in a bug. I played KOTOR 2 a long time ago but forgot you could go back.

Oh, that's good to know. Guess now I can fire it back up! I thought I'd gotten stuck in a bug. I played KOTOR 2 a long time ago but forgot you could go back.
You'll meet the master after you deal with the throne crisis. I think you can only fly the Ebon Hawk itself to Dxun.

For some reason, I confused the hell out of myself after the spaceport sequence where he tells you "I'll contact you later." So I went back to the Mandolorian base. But then panicked because wasn't I supposed to walk up that path to the palace? (Been a while since I've played it through and since I stopped my replay)

For some reason, I confused the hell out of myself after the spaceport sequence where he tells you "I'll contact you later." So I went back to the Mandolorian base. But then panicked because wasn't I supposed to walk up that path to the palace? (Been a while since I've played it through and since I stopped my replay)
Nah, you're safe.

Before the return to Onderon consider a point in Battle Meditation for some added fun and dialogue retaking the palace. ;)

Back