I've Created a WC4 HD Video Pack

Try to install the OpenGL patch last but it could be that you missed a step:

did you extract the HCl's WCP Enhancement Package straight into the WCP folder. Make sure you DON'T overwrite Prophecy.exe or WCPHR.DLL files ?

Try to install the OpenGL patch last but it could be that you missed a step:

did you extract the HCl's WCP Enhancement Package straight into the WCP folder. Make sure you DON'T overwrite Prophecy.exe or WCPHR.DLL files ?

Yup. I was very careful not to overwrite either of those files. I copied the enhancement package, followed by MUP/OpenGL patch.

you did copy the new video files or mp4 to the Movie folder ? I think you did...

that is strange then, use a full Codec Pack installation, what resolution ? I found in some cases 1280x1024 work better on some PC's, could you set the resolution and other settings on launch ?

I'm running Full HD and tested higher like 1440p, I run the Launcher.exe as administrator but previously I could launch Prophecy.exe, disabled win compatibility settings but it seems some can't do that, well at least not anymore with newer Windows versions.

On my AMD PC with AMD Radeon graphics, it run's pretty much perfect, everything max out and I force AA and Anisoptropic filtering to max.

Pedro's OpenGL patch, do you use version 1.22?

I will look at some notes....

I take that back. When I use the HD-pack (not the DVD files), the movies start to play, but with no sound and only in the upper left corner of the screen. That's a bit of progress, but I'm not sure what else I should be doing at this point.

Is this a resolution setting issue? As for the sound, I have AC3Filter installed as well K-Lite, anything else I should have?
It's possible it could be a resolution thing, especially if you are running an ultrawide monitor. Win10 has some functions that will scale things oddly when using high DPI monitors. You can turn off some of these features per program and that might help. Right-Click on the game EXE and then hit properties and navigate to the compatibility tab. There should be a button for "change high DPI settings" ... at least there will be in Win10 (It's probably there in Win11 too I just can't confirm what that looks like at the moment). Check the box under "high DPI scaling overide" and choose "Application" in the drop down menu.

As far as audio goes, can you confirm whether you get audio in the videos when you play them independantly of the game?

EDIT: I'll second the recommendation to check which version of the OpenGL patch you installed. Are you using v1.22 https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/OpenGL_Patch ?

you might also want to experiment with checking on which version of wcphr.dll you are using as well . Theoretically you want the newest one but if you have exhausted all other options it doesn't hurt to try out some of the others... back up your existing one so you can revert if need be https://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/wcpmoviepatch_testrelease.zip

Last edited:
It's possible it could be a resolution thing, especially if you are running an ultrawide monitor. Win10 has some functions that will scale things oddly when using high DPI monitors. You can turn off some of these features per program and that might help. Right-Click on the game EXE and then hit properties and navigate to the compatibility tab. There should be a button for "change high DPI settings" ... at least there will be in Win10 (It's probably there in Win11 too I just can't confirm what that looks like at the moment). Check the box under "high DPI scaling overide" and choose "Application" in the drop down menu.

As far as audio goes, can you confirm whether you get audio in the videos when you play them independantly of the game?

EDIT: I'll second the recommendation to check which version of the OpenGL patch you installed. Are you using v1.22 https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/OpenGL_Patch ?

you might also want to experiment with checking on which version of wcphr.dll you are using as well . Theoretically you want the newest one but if you have exhausted all other options it doesn't hurt to try out some of the others... back up your existing one so you can revert if need be https://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/wcpmoviepatch_testrelease.zip

Yup, I can hear audio in the video files regardless of the player used directly in Windows (Media Player, VLC, MPC-BE, etc.), just not ingame. I'll give your suggestions a shot. I do have the latest OpenGL patch (v1.22). I'm just at a complete loss as to why I don't get any audio.

Yup, I can hear audio in the video files regardless of the player used directly in Windows (Media Player, VLC, MPC-BE, etc.), just not ingame. I'll give your suggestions a shot. I do have the latest OpenGL patch (v1.22). I'm just at a complete loss as to why I don't get any audio.
You're not the first one I've heard of having audio issues and if it's not a codec issue, it might be something to do with either the player trying to pass through audio to spdif or or just losing focus in windows somehow with the way the video overlay works.

IIRC the HD prophecy video pack is using AAC audio so you could also just double check the with the K-lite codec tweak too to see what decoding library your system is defaulting to for playing AAC.

I don't really know how the version compares but I've heard reports of the wcphr.dll from the model upgrade pack working better for some people too so you could compare versions with that one and see if that helps as well http://popsiclepete.solsector.net/files/OpenGL-WCP_setup(TEST-MUP)-RELEASE-CANDIDATE.exe

It seems I also ran into a problem for the first time, this seemed to happened after a Windows update, I get a black screen now when the video must play, when I tab back into windows it will sometimes start to play the video schene other times not, I have audio, when I pan between tasks I can see the video when I click on it it will work and then I struggle to skip the video to get back into the game, have to tab again through the tasks to get back into the game, then it will work again, could be that the video patch is outdated now.

The game runs normally before I add the movie patch, gog version with the OpenGL update, 1.2/1.22 works fine.

my original cd version also works fine.

@ODVS Is it possible for you to try this upscale algorithm with Battlezone and BZ 2 Combat combat commander original intros on youtube?
Rebellion didn't even cared to do this with the redux remasters

Back