It's that time of the year again...

Twister

Spaceman
bringing up old subjects, the fun you can have with it...

anywho

i'm curently working on "The Great Wing Commander Book Of Quotes"...that's right
cool.gif

so let's hear it, what's you fav line in the WC universe?

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
twist·er (twstr)
n.

1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn.
2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist.
3. Informal.
A. A cyclone.
B. A tornado.
4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.
5. One with an absurdly long signature that annoys everyone who has to put up with it, especially when its longer than the actual post. Get the hint?

[This message has been edited by Cpl Hades (edited October 15, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you taking quotes from the books as well?

If so, then my fav quote is:

Kirha(sp) to Hunter: "You wish to have offspring with that female?"

DeltaKiller: Freedom Flight had some good lines. I like Kirha's "I will not foul my drinking water..." to Paladin.
smile.gif

Oh, and then there's this one from WC4: "When you have a junkyard dog snapping at your heels, the best thing to do is to turn around and kick it in the chops!"

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Man, even from just the games there are a ton of good lines. Heck, if we just dumped the whole script from WC to Prophecy...

Damn you Dralthi5! You stole my favorite line in the whole universe! Anyways, another good one is in WC4, if you taunt one of the pirates alot he'll just scream out: "I'LL RIP YOUR FREAKING HEAD OFF!!!" first time I heard that I almost started to cry because i was laughing so hard.

[This message has been edited by Ice Viper (edited October 15, 2000).]

Do they say that? I get the impression the pirates were a bit stupid in WC4, I seem to recall a weird one "Give it some juice, grandma!" or something like that.

I vaguely remember a taunt from WC4 that went something like this: "You'd have to be stupid to fly for the UBW based on how much they pay you." Obviously the pirate (or whoever it was) phrased it better then my memory allows.

"Bugs Bunny blows goats!" or something like that... that'd be my favorite. If I've been hallucinating, my other favorite line is

"I bet you stay up late polishing it at nights."

"No. I have majors to do that for me."

------------------

§

yeah the wc4 pirat lines are really good "Confed pilots suck!"
"YEEEEEEEEHH, die pig....hahahahahah"
"how does my exoust smell?"

or blair once said in WCP: "do you actually know who you're dealing whit!?"

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
twist·er (twstr)
n.

1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn.
2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist.
3. Informal.
A. A cyclone.
B. A tornado.
4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

Hmm... now that Hades mentioned it, I do remember something about a rule regarding sigs. They're supposed to be kept at a reasonable lenght, Twister.

I believe... and I'm sure SubCrid Death can correct me if I'm wrong... but standard netiquette dictates that a signature be four lines or fewer... That said, dictionary definitions don't usually have line breaks, Twister, so it'd actually look better if you put it all together...

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited October 16, 2000).]

Cpl Hades; uhm...nope didn't notice it sorry.

Quarto, LOAF; sorry 'bout that, problem corrected, i never intended it to be my permenent sig, just to use once or twice...

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.

It's actually an amusing little thing, though, so it may be worth the effort to fit it in. I don't mind long sigs, myself, but there are a lot of people who go apeshit over them (G) But here, try this...

twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited October 16, 2000).]

Hmmm, I don't recall the WC4 pirates stringing together an insult longer than a few words. Oh well.

Come to think of it, I've quoted him before, but I like Blair in Prophecy: "Cats, bugs, whatever. You all die the same..."

One of my favorite taunts is in WC4 after Blair defects to the Border Worlds: "What are you, an Academy drop-out?"
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Yay! Now I've got WC3 and WC4! Officially mine! (Originals of course!) Now I can listen to all those cool lines again!

Testing, 1..2..uhm...12

------------------
twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

Hum dee dum... Favourite line?

~L~

My sig's a good enough quote.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Back