Is there an alternative download link for the patch?

Cleric

Petty Officer
I sadly am still one of those who is still stuck running with dialup at home, I downloaded Standoff at a Wi-Fi hotspot with my laptop. But the laptop has an integrated Intel graphics chipset, so it is seriously lacking in gaming performance.

At home I have a desktop machine with an AMD Phenom II X6, 16GB of ram and a GeForce 560 with 2GB of video memory, yet I am stuck with 56kbps internet (quite frustrating at times). I can run Standoff with everything turned all the way up.

So is there an alternative link to download the patch? Knowing which files I actually need to overwrite instead of doing the whole directory would be helpful in itself. Otherwise I am going to be attempting running the update on my laptop and then copy and pasting the entire installation directory,

Sadly this is the way I have to run Steam, copy and paste the whole directory from the laptop and force it to run in offline mode so it doesn't try to update itself (they insisted on having the patches be mandatory and 40+ meg even if you just downloaded the installer). It actually works this way amazingly.

Also I have played through the entire game, saw the final scene, watched the end credits, (with very few crashes btw) and now it will not load. Do I need to delete my save games to start over or is this something fixed in the patch?

Hi. You've got a few questions in your post, I'll try to cover it all with few words:
  • First, the patch might be big for a dialup connection, but not THAT big. It's about 23 Mb if you're running 1.29 or later, 25 Mb if you installed and not updated the Ep5 package from the website. It's about 1h 20mins of download ?
  • When you use autoupdate, the patch is saved in your profile's temp folder. You may get the files from the laptop to the PC and run them all in order. Or at least copy the whole game folder to the other PC before you run the lastest (v33) patch.
  • Alternatively, email me with your PC's current version number and I'll instruct you with the correct patches and order to apply onto your PC.
  • No need to delete your savegames.

Thanks for the help. :)

I have version 1.31

A 20+ meg download usually takes at least 2 hours on my connection, and that would be assuming that I do not have to dial back in and start over two or three times. So far the updater has actually been locking up at 5% and stops responding, no matter how long I wait. I imagine it will probably work just fine from a hotspot. Thank you for the info about the temp folder, should save a lot of trouble. :)

Got it running again, had to backup my save games and reinstall it, but it works now, just find it odd that it chose to stop working right after the "Big Damn Ending" and the credits.

Back