Interview Chris Roberts - Mark Hamill (wing commander 3 1994)

Thanks for sharing! I don't think I've seen this one before. I had to laugh at Mark Hamill calling the Kilrathi a 'demented version of Garfield.'
I was curious so I looked up which magazine it's from and I found an issue of 'PC Fun' over at archive.org that could be it. https://archive.org/details/pcfun-magazine-001/page/n13/mode/2up

There's some info about the CD pack-in on page 14, and it mentions it included a trailer for the game and a playable demo.... I potentially got the wrong magazine as I couldn't find info on just a "fun" French magazine but it's possible their definition of fun in France is different than mine. 😉

[EDIT: I actually did verify this is the right mag... Page 10 mentions the CR and MH intervies in a separate section than the demos. There's also a small preview article on page 80]

8-10 fps for SVGA... and people today declare anything short of 60 fps as 'unplayable'!

I'm glad Mr Hamill enjoyed the experience as much as he claimed to even if the 'fresh' experience of recording for CD-ROMs didn't become as prevalent as the industry might have hoped for, back in the day.

BTW, why is the preview image blank? At first I thought the video might not be available in my location.

BTW, why is the preview image blank? At first I thought the video might not be available in my location.

There might be something weird going on with the old low res source. Sometimes the YouTube auto thumbnail thing breaks if the aspect ratio, resolution or other element is unusual.

Back