Illegal operation running WC:SO

Tako

Spaceman
yo, as the topic says, i get an illegal operation when trying to run wing commander: secret ops. i'm on win98, i have a voodoo 3 3000 so i don't see why it doesn's work. i checked the tech support page but there is nothing about this issue. can anyone help me?

thx

Tako

Well if you have the installation file of WC:So then try reinstalling it.

This dosent mean it may have a chance of working remember just try only on your own will b'coz I am not so sure of the working possibility
smile.gif

I run WC:SO in Direct3d and it works perfectly

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Warrior said:
Try the 3Dfx patch found in Downloads.

The 3Dfx patch is only for Prophecy. WCSO already has the patch applied, and doing it again won't fix anything.

As for the original topic of this thread, for starters what kind of hardware do you have, Tako? Specifically processor, memory, sound card, and video card.

Also, have you tried the standard "first step," and deinstalled SO, run Defrag and Scandisk (or 3rd party counterparts, like Norton's SpeedDisk and Disk Doctor, respectively), then re-installed?

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

thx for all the responses.
i did try to reinstall it and it didn't work.
my machine is a celeron 366 w/ 64SDRAM. 3dfx voodoo3 3000 AGP and a sound blaster 16 sound card.
As for the defrag and scandisk, is that really necessary. will it change anything?

thx

Tako

Any Celeron over 300-350 isn't so bad. And yes, a scandisk and defrag can magically fix some problems like that somehow.

I tried running scandisk and defrag then reinstalling and it still doesnt work. what to do?

Tako

Excuse ME!.. BEllend! celeron doesnt sucks since I think its ok and my computer is worse than Tako's computer here my computers description:
1)CELERON YOU HEAR me CELERON is the thing.
2)300MHZ
3)Direct 3D. huh!
4)32 SDRAM heheh!
5)That's all HA!
smile.gif

Hey TAKO! try some settings without altering your computer like go to your properties of your background screen or the settings of something which doesnt alter the computer in a safe.

BUT BE CAREFUL when you do something because I remember when I tried some thingy and my computer crashed like hell it did.

So watch every setting you change! Be sure to write down every setting of your changed settings so that you dont forget what you have changed!

Back