If not Hobbes Then who?

CynicalNCO

Spaceman
A question thats always bugged me, if it wasnt hobbes, (Who I Know it did turn out to be) as that would have been too obvious.

Who could the traitor have been

And Cobra, is the one my eyes follow, for some reason.

she was held in a slave labor camp where the killrathi could have subjected her to who knows what.

Any reason to consider anyone else?

The game certainly becomes 'Cobra vs. Hobbes' after a while, but I would say they give you some leads early on to suspect there are things going on with most of the characters.

Rollins - Born cynic, believes the war won't be won, doesn't respect chain of command.

Vagabond - Has a mysterious past, blank service record. ("What's he hiding?")

Flint - You lock horns immediately, she ignores orders to do what she wants (you find her with a Kilrathi cruiser!)

Paladin - Lied about Angel.

Tolwyn - Blair believes he sacrificed Angel on purpose and won't talk about it.

Eisen - Doesn't know what to make of you at first, feels like you think you're 'above' his ship.

Flash - Reports directly to Admiral Tolwyn, allows pilots to die instead of helping.

Maniac - Is Maniac.

In fact, I'd say that the only ones Blair doesn't have some issue with are Rachel and Vaquero! :)

I thought it was radio rollins bc he was always strange to me. plus the actor who plays him is a bad guy in almost everything. his name is courtney gaines; he was a bad guy in the movie with tom hanks called the burbs pictured here

Screen-Shot-2013-03-17-at-19.27.50.png

he was also a bad kid in king's children of the corn

latest

If someone else had killed Hobbes, would a touching end to a fanfic be for Blair to hate himself for doubting him.

I got spoiled on the way the story would go, years before I had a chance to actualy play the game.

If someone else had killed Hobbes, would a touching end to a fanfic be for Blair to hate himself for doubting him.

I got spoiled on the way the story would go, years before I had a chance to actualy play the game.

I don't see why not.

By the end of the war, Blair is a broken man; haunted by the countless deaths of friends, colleagues and his love interest and numb with physical and emotional exhaustion by the time he destroys Kilrah. I suppose in the hypothetical alternative universe you suggest where Hobbes was not the traitor, another burden of grief wouldn't be out of place.

somehow I dont think they'd become so hostile towards Cobra if she had been the traitor, to erase her kill scores from the blackboard.

Especialy if it was because of hypnotic, or neural implant experiments, I think that would just make blair pity her even more...

Oh if a Dieing Hobbes told Blair "You are a soldier, by suspecting me you did nothing but your duty"

Last edited:
I suspected Rollins solely because he was the radio man (and thus had open access to communicating with the cats, not unlike the computer repair dude in the first episode of WCATV) or Cobra, for obvious brain-washing methods already used by the cats.

Back