I know I`m beating a dead horse, but...

Mad Hatter

Spaceman
I know this subject has come up once or twice or a thousand, but here`s my question:
I have WC1 and WC2 and I got them both working without any memory problems but they`re way too fast for my PII 266.
I`ve already tried Moslo and Turbo to get the games to slow down, but then the animation starts to clip (sort of) and becomes fragmented.
Any recommendations? (except, of course, building a time machine and going back to the early ninties
smile.gif
).

Last edited by a moderator:
You have several options.

1. Try that cache thingy that TC and Stinger sometimes mention, but never explain.

2. Accept the fact that the animations will be fragmented, and play anyway... of course, that's kinda evil, since WC is about storyline
smile.gif

3. This one you're already familiar with. Build a time machine.

4. Go on an archaeological dig in your basement, praying fervently that your neighbour threw his old 386 in there while you weren't looking
smile.gif

Any pointers on building that time machine?
smile.gif

I managed to sell my old 386 4 years ago, in my stupidity I thought I was getting a good deal.... Here`s another reason to build a time machine.
smile.gif

The cache thingy: when your comp is starting up and it says "press del to enter setup" do it. Then disable you internal and external cache. exit setup and go to dos and cross your fingers. I have a p166 and WC1 still goes to fast, wc2 works fine though.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No Regret, does your version have the play-so1, play so2 mission files?

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

I tried the "disable cache thingy", it worked better than I expected, but now the game plays too damn slow!!
I don`t suppose there`s something I can do to make it run a little less slow, is there? Or am I pushing my luck too much, and I should say grace and thank god I got my PC back up to speed after this little ordeal.
wink.gif

Well, did you disable both external and internal cache? It would seem that if you disable just one of them, you'll get a speed somewhere half-way between really slow and really fast
smile.gif
. If that's still too fast, then use Moslo to slow it down just a bit.

Oh, and if you make that time machine, send me a working copy, will ya?
smile.gif

It really isn't an "I hope it will work thing" just make sure you have written down all the settings in your BIOS just in case you accidently hit something else. To speed it up just disable the external cache... (I think that's the independant one...)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Quatro: I`ll be sure to send you a copy when I complete the time machine. (of course, if you haven`t received one up until now I probably never managed to build it
biggrin.gif
).

I had 3 cache options I played around with disabling and enabling all three, but the only change in speed I got was when I "dis & en" the first one. Anyway I`ll try playing with it some more.

Quarto: I just noticed I mispronounced your name, sorry `bout that.
Quatro just seems more natural.
smile.gif

Whoa... I just noticed that I didn't notice
smile.gif
. But I usually do (notice), so thanks. I know Quatro seems more logical, but Quarto is much better
smile.gif

I noticed.. but then I saw he fixed it... I wanted to point it out too
frown.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Death's head:Yeah, I've got those files

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back