Hypothetically Cruise Though No Man's Sky At A Cool 500 KPS (August 28, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
There's been a lot said online about No Man's Sky. It had tremendous prerelease hype, and the final results have left some disappointed. But many others are having a wonderful time exploring space, collecting resources and admiring all the pretty colors on their way to the center of the galaxy. So far we haven't come up with much that could add to the discussion, but Doug Lee managed to acquire a sleek ship that has a striking resemblance to the Excalibur we all know and love. I can definitely see the similarity from the front and back, and those huge oversized winglets look a lot alike as well. If you have to play a space sim besides Wing Commander, you might as well strap in to something just like your favorite Confed ship!

Pretty wicked!?

--
Original update published on August 28, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it has a bit of Skyfox's Arwing in it, too!

For the record, I'm really enjoying No Man's Sky. It's tremendously relaxing and engrossing to explore the weird planets. I sort of wish they'd licensed the tech to someone... this would be the perfect way to do a Star Trek game!

I was thinking Starflight. It already has a lot of the feel of it (part of the reason I got it). A huge number of planets to explore, mining resources, interacting with aliens, and while Starflight had more of a plot (does No Man's Sky have a plot?), you were mostly free to just explore at your leisure. Scanning alien creatures is also reminiscent of Starflight. It was always fun to find a life-bearing planet and seeing what sort of critters the developers came up with. A little bit of tweaking and this could be a perfect successor to Starflight.

I have bought No Man's Sky, but it got me so sad :\ I though it will be much fun, it just grinding grindig. What do you think guys? Will it be better with updates?

Generally, games are games. It's not very often that "updates" fundamentally change what is or isn't making them fun.

Back