Hoorah!!!

Grimloc

Rear Admiral
At last! At long last I finally have had the opportunity to play Wing Commander IV on my PC! I am very impressed with it. I owe this experience to one of my very good friends (Side-Note: to all who frequented #wingnut that night when I came in and told everyone about an insane guy who, for that one day, came to school dressed completely different, spoke little, slicked his hair back, and when asked if anything was wrong, he only said, "You'll see tomorrow," THIS is who let me borrow WC4...
smile.gif
) Now off to the Files Section to see what I can grab... Grimloc out.

------------------
Heck, when you think of a better signature, tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy for you, WC4 IMO is the best in the series. If it's the DOS version, you probably should download the upgrade for Windows you can take screnshots easier, and some joystics have problems with DOS (like mine)

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

WC IV is a hell of a lot better on PC

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

I like playing games in DOS... even if there isn't any difference I just seem to enjoy it more
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I hope you checked the guy for guns today
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are 352 days remaining.

I´m with stupid
|
V

I like the MW2 games and WCIV better in DOS mode. Dx3 really really sucked, and at that point, DOS was way better IMO.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Way less overhead and less chance of crashes... It just seems to run cleaner overall...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

The graphics and sound were far superior in DOS Mercs, I noticed, than in Windows Mercs.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Yep, that's because the comp doesn't need to spend all that extra CPU power holding up the Windows baggage... W98 has large parts of code from as far back as the first version of DOS, the code has been rewritten so many times that it has lost it's once good efficiency and has now been designated as the worst of the worst OSs. So those that want the power of their computer back are forced to use Windows as little as possible (Hurrah for dual boot
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Yep. I'm even surprised that some of the games are actually able to squirt some performance out of Winblows.

Ha, and now I have the Expansion Pack for MW3 and don't have MW3, so I can't play it. Can't even buy MW3, except thru the black market... Did that ever happen to you?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Back