History on the Confederation-Class Dreadnought?

Aeronautico

Rear Admiral
Okay, I've only just realized that we don't have an article of the Confederation-Class Dreadnought, which is the class of ship the famed TCS Concordia was. I'm considering writing up an entry on this, but the class's history is questionable from what few sources I have.

Does anybody know how many vessels were produced, their names, their year of production, and anything else about them that is relevant? If anyone has any canonical info regarding the Confederation-Class, it would be great if you could share it so that we could write such an article.

I'm not saying it's absolutely necessary to write it up now, but it is something on the to-do list.

Does anybody know how many vessels were produced, their names, their year of production, and anything else about them that is relevant? If anyone has any canonical info regarding the Confederation-Class, it would be great if you could share it so that we could write such an article.

That's the big money question isn't it? Simply put... we just don't know. What we do know, comes from the history of the Sivar Dreadnought. The wreckage of the dreadnought was examined, and the Mass Accelerator gun was studied. Confed eventually came up with the PTC. Which, unlike the MAG, could fire on a mobile target.

The first ship of this class was the TCS Confederation. Which we know very little about. All we know is that she most likely came online around the same time as the Concordia, probably a year or two difference 2661.

Now I found some fiction saying it was destroyed by a Snakier II but I can't find any legit source for it, so I'm assuming it's non-canon. The concordia herself was destroyed in 2669 over Vespus.

The only other thing we know is that the PTC was decommed in 2665. Does that mean the Confed class was decommed, no. It simply means that most likely the ships had them deactivated. Do we know why? No. Some day ships were known to blow up if using them and that they were unreliable, but this comes from the line in WC2 by Angel. No other info supports it.

That is pretty much all we know of the class, sadly.

I would start by first gathering all the info you have yourself, then start searching forum threads for more info. Over the years we've had countless discussions about the Confederation class and some of those threads will contain nuggets that might be otherwise hard to find.

I'd also start with a rough draft article before uploading it into WCPedia, as it's going to be a high trafficked article.

The only other thing we know is that the PTC was decommed in 2665. Does that mean the Confed class was decommed, no. It simply means that most likely the ships had them deactivated. Do we know why? No. Some day ships were known to blow up if using them and that they were unreliable, but this comes from the line in WC2 by Angel. No other info supports it.

And that same bit of info counters the idea that it was even deactivated. Maybe they stopped building new ships with it, but we see the Concordia continue to regularly use the cannon for years after 2665.

And that same bit of info counters the idea that it was even deactivated. Maybe they stopped building new ships with it, but we see the Concordia continue to regularly use the cannon for years after 2665.

Quite a bit of a mess for whoever tries to sort this out.

Hey Chris, is there any truth to the TCS Confederation history? I've read it in about 4 different places, or is it just another bit of annoying fanfic?

What TCS Confederation history would that be? I'm pretty sure the only thing that's even possible to speculate about the TCS Confederation is that it may exist (or may have existed). Even for that, the only source of information is the class designation, which implies that the first ship of the class may have been called the TCS Confederation.

Quite a bit of a mess for whoever tries to sort this out.

It's simple if you stick to what we're told and try not to make anything up. An entry on the Confederation class ship doesn't even need to mention the PTC's decommissioning, and an entry on the cannon doesn't need to try to speculate why or what implications this had.

What TCS Confederation history would that be? I'm pretty sure the only thing that's even possible to speculate about the TCS Confederation is that it may exist (or may have existed). Even for that, the only source of information is the class designation, which implies that the first ship of the class may have been called the TCS Confederation.

http://kitsune.addr.com/SF-Conversions/Rifts-WC-Vehicles/Confederation_Confederation_Dreadnought.htm

This is best seen in 2664, when the name ship, TCS Confederation, was lost when a reactor-overload that resulted when its main gun was fired to destroy a Snakier II-class carrier.

http://wingcommander.wikia.com/wiki/TCS_Confederation

The first Confederation-class dreadnought that was produced and entered to the Terran Confederation's fleet was the TCS Confederation. She was launched in the year 2660. Not much is known about the TCS Confederation and its service to the Terran Confederation other than the fact that it was lost when her reactor-core overloaded after the result of firing its main cannon in an attempt to destroy a Snakier II-class carrier in a firefight in the year 2664.

Those were just the two easiest to find. I was (still am) pretty much dismissing it as fanfic thanks to a fanboy with too much imagination, but I just wanted to see if it was based on anything we have?

http://kitsune.addr.com/SF-Conversions/Rifts-WC-Vehicles/Confederation_Confederation_Dreadnought.htm

http://wingcommander.wikia.com/wiki/TCS_Confederation

Those were just the two easiest to find. I was (still am) pretty much dismissing it as fanfic thanks to a fanboy with too much imagination, but I just wanted to see if it was based on anything we have?

That's a good example of fanfic (wikia Snakier II reference) being based on fanfic (kitsune/wc saga snakier II reference).

Back