Happy Birthday Wing Commander IV! (February 12, 2022)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Happy February 12, known in certain circles as December 8. (Wing Commander 4 turns 26 today! Happy birthday!)

The first image fans saw of Wing Commander IV was the teaser below, showing Tolwyn and Blair on opposing sides with a shadowy figure between them. It's a compelling image on the surface, but it's also problematic--since there's no actual reveal in the game itself. The shadow figure is just Seether, an entirely new character who is actually Tolwyn's henchman. The biggest problem, though, was that the first run of ads had a date promising the game on December 8, 1995. That would come back to haunt Origin when the title was delayed until February, 1996...

--
Original update published on February 12, 2022

What an epic day it was when this came out and I got the big box as a gift off my parents, straight onto the PC until bedtime! I did wonder who the shadowy figure was at the time.

Last edited:
Any chance of having some tigers claw's mentions today for superbowl? it's a bengal class. ;)

C004E2C7-C2FE-483D-88A0-D221FA1249EA.jpeg

Got my copy in my closet, still in good condition. Always been one of my favorites in the series along with the original, 2, and Armada. Playing it through was a joy from beginning to end.

Back