Greetings from Nuclear

Nuclear

Spaceman
Once again I would like to address my sincere greetings to yet another fine internet community. Sorry I diden't join earlier, I was (and still) really into the StarControl forum. Anyway, my favourite WC game is WC3 and my favourite race is the Nephilim (my avatar is a gimp of what I thought they looked like, oh well). Once again I look forward to your comments, questions and slurred insults. :-{ )

Here's a nube question I got; how do you get an avatar picture? My only bullet choice is don't use avatar!

Basic answer is that we use avatars and ranks as a kind of reward. You can have one once you hit 2000 posts. In some special circumstances we give them out for other reasons, like if you are running a major fan project or something or have contributed to the community in some substantial way.

Thanks ridge, I am mostly a houmoress and informative poster (as the StarControl guys could see ;)), but it's very tedious and boring to type on this stupid PSP...

A typing error that occurs when one is posting using a PSP perhaps.

Welcome aboard Nuclear...as they say in Gemini...always good to see a friendly ship.

Thats exabtly what it is, the durn thing can't spellcheck and those symbols in the posting don't do anything(of which, the portable device is to blame.) It's always nice that you consider ships as hostile as the devil ray and Androsynth guardian freindly. (My favourite ships in the respective WC/StarCon universes)

An aquaintnance (dang!) to the moderators would be nice and wheres LOAF? I loved him in those pictures at the movie premier (With the guy wearing a Lev Arris style jacket which is actually a trench coat.)

I'm doing good, I bought Prophecy and Price of Freedom at yon thrift store a couple months ago. For a (very) long time, my only game was Heart of the Tiger (which is still my favourite Space simulation, X3 sucks..) I should really be puting this in TS but, WC3 and 4 don't start on my Vista. It just reactivates the install Exe after I hit save settings and play, probable cause is file saving/copying but a lot of my other DOS games install good...

Have you tried running them in DOSBox? I never run 3 without DOSBox, and after installing 4, I used the Win95 patch.

I'm doing good, I bought Prophecy and Price of Freedom at yon thrift store a couple months ago. For a (very) long time, my only game was Heart of the Tiger (which is still my favourite Space simulation, X3 sucks..) I should really be puting this in TS but, WC3 and 4 don't start on my Vista. It just reactivates the install Exe after I hit save settings and play, probable cause is file saving/copying but a lot of my other DOS games install good...

It sounds like you aren't mounting the harddrive right in dosbox. Did you follow the instructions in our tech support section? https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Back