Future of Wing Commander Conference (September 19, 2011)

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
As previously mentioned, the CIC is going to hold a Wing Commander conference on September 24th, the anniversary of the destruction of Kilrah.

Join us on the 24th at 7 pm EST in #wingnut on IRC to discuss future plans for the Wing Commander CIC, the WCPedia project and the Wing Commander franchise itself! Be the first to hear information about upcoming Wing Commander projects, and learn how you can help make this the best year yet.

The CIC staff and #wingnut regulars will be around throughout the day, so even if you can't make it to the meeting, stop by and say hello! It's always good to see friendly ships!

See you there!

--
Original update published on September 19, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you'll just have to decide what is more important to you - Salsa dancing or the future of Wing Commander. :p

Can't you split the difference and bring an iphone/ipad/laptop running IRC to the dance floor? :p

We are going to cover a lot of ground on Saturday. I recommend to all fans if you can make it to do so. It's going to be a good time.

I won't be able to attend, I am not at home this time =/.

Will anyone send me a summary, so that I can sum things up for the German Community on Sunday?

For those of us unfamiliar with United States time-zones, 19:00 US Eastern Summer Time is 23:00 UTC.

So that's Sunday morning at 09:00 for Australian Eastern Standard Time.

I won't be able to attend, I am not at home this time =/.

Will anyone send me a summary, so that I can sum things up for the German Community on Sunday?

Sure! That said, I may not have much for you--I do have some things to share with an intimate group of wingnuts, but a bunch aren't for publication. I'm going to have to play it by ear depending on what kind of audience we get...

Uh oh, should the likes of me stay out?! :)

No, no...some of the material that might be shown are things that shouldn't be trotted out in front of the world...yet. :cool:

But there is a ton of other stuff we have in store for those who stop by.

As Tom Cruise's Maverick would say, "if the government trusts me, don't you think you can?"

It's cool, I totally understand. It's great news just to know there are things happening that the public *can't* know about.

Oh, man, of all the days this could happen... I don't know if I'll be able to be there, will a chatlog be made available?

As usual, I won't be able to show up (...most likely. There's some small chance). I should have time to visit a day earlier, though, so I might do that - it's been years since I've been on #wingnut...

Oh, man, of all the days this could happen... I don't know if I'll be able to be there, will a chatlog be made available?

I'm sure we can post a summary. Not so sure about the chat log...we'll have to review it after the meeting.

One thing we are thinking about doing is holding these type of meetings every few weeks. #wingnut is active every day with the CIC staff and chat regulars and we'd like to get more involved in hearing about what's going on behind the front page.

That and we always talk every year at the birthday about doing these more often...now with WC on the up and up it seems like the perfect time.

Back in the day we used to have monthly "topic" chats in #Wing-Commander on the DALnet--I wonder if there would be some interest in doing something like that. It's something we can talk about at the conference!

I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but... there will be salsa dancing at this event.

Hahaha that would be awesome. Anyway I'll see if I can pop by for a little bit before I go. It seems my indie movie project group is also meeting that day in the morning . Sigh...oh well.

Back