Fleet Tactics comments threads

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
Hi guys,

As Chris Reid has released the URL to me and Jibbo's Fleet Tactics page as a Christmas gift to the WC community, I am starting this thread to deal with any general feedback, comments, suggestions, criticism, protests, death threats, or any other stuff to this genre.

Me and Jibbo would also appreciate any tips that refers to typos we have overlooked. Also, for any suggestions pertaining to the content itself, make sure you read the disclaimer on the site before you post anything, I don't have the time to explain myself again and again to questions that are ill-researched and stupid.

Excellent work on your research and the site. It is an interesting read to say the least. Keep up the good work.

psych said:
Hi guys,

As Chris Reid has released the URL to me and Jibbo's Fleet Tactics page as a Christmas gift to the WC community, I am starting this thread to deal with any general feedback, comments, suggestions, criticism, protests, death threats, or any other stuff to this genre.

Me and Jibbo would also appreciate any tips that refers to typos we have overlooked. Also, for any suggestions pertaining to the content itself, make sure you read the disclaimer on the site before you post anything, I don't have the time to explain myself again and again to questions that are ill-researched and stupid.

If Joshua or RyanCole email you, will you set up a Board of Shame? I'd like to see his response to the Kilrathi War history, or Concordia's response to the Carrier Group setups you have there...

:D

Hey Ghost,

About 90% of the info was based on canon, the other 10% were small liberties mostly taken in order to give the viewer a "bigger picture" of the War.

One example was the second part of the Terran-Kilrathi timeline - 99 percent was copied straightly from unreleased info from Origin. For changes, I remember adding the carrier Liberty, the "five carrier" deal when it said Confed forces broke into Freya and Hyperion, and making the operation before the Temblor strike to conincide with info both from the WC novel (a week long Terran campaign diversion) and the WC3 script (there was a massive Terran fleet summoned, which the script said the Confed forces was gathering all of its forces for one last stand). And to wrap it all off, I made sure to make the whole thing biased towards the Confed side.

Haesslich,

I hadn't thought about the Wall of Shame honestly. I was initially preparing a generic "piss off" responce to them, but you just broadened my horizons :)

psych said:
Haesslich,

I hadn't thought about the Wall of Shame honestly. I was initially preparing a generic "piss off" responce to them, but you just broadened my horizons :)

It's a lot funnier when you can invite comments on their handiwork...

Besides, you can imagine the fun everyone'll have with one of their posts when comparing it to say... your fighter weaponry database.

I found some typos, what should I do, post them here or email them in?

Please, I wasn't reading for typos, I read every page on the site one by one (Because it was interesting) and these just happened to catch my eye.

For small errors, try emailing me/Jibbo and we'll get to it eventually. For serious issues, let us know here.

Mmm...i was reading the site, and did find a few typos, but something caught my attention...you included wcrpg's squadrons in the listing
apparently, the wcrpg council was not aware of that. Im not sure how they will react
now, if you do intend to use it, you could place my old squadron, the tigerhawks, as the bomber squadron it is, not recon
I also noticed a lot of starlancer squadron names

anyway, there is a lot of interesting info, I liked it, but Im not sure if using other sources' names will be a good idea. No, not by me, but by the wcrpg council (though, if you are going to use my squadron, I would like it to be properly :))

BTW, did you guys do those kilrathi pictures yourselves? its a bit hard to see in my screen, cause my monitor is missing the magenta until i can get it repaired, which makes the pictures look quite dark, but they look good

- K

Haesslich said:
It's a lot funnier when you can invite comments on their handiwork...

Besides, you can imagine the fun everyone'll have with one of their posts when comparing it to say... your fighter weaponry database.

And I'll like to hear their response to that too. To explain the fighter weaponry, DX-42 decoy was from inside info I got, the "Anvil" bombs were based on the fact that the Jalthi from Freedom Flight had heavy bombs for ground attack and I assume there was a ConFleet equivilent (and I based it on the cut "bomb rack" for WCP), the "Inferno" I gave the name to that 50-warhead munition from End Run, the Needle missiles were based on the anti-armor missiles the Kilrathi Naktarg shuttle had in False Colors (again, assume ConFleet equivilent), the Jackhammer missiles were based on the "single shot" ground support munitions from End Run, etc etc. So most of this stuff do exist, but the liberties I took were in the names.

But look at it this way, at least I didn't mention those PsyOp leaflets with George Washington saying "surrender or I'll shoot paint in your cockpit!".

Kalfor said:
Mmm...i was reading the site, and did find a few typos, but something caught my attention...you included wcrpg's squadrons in the listing
apparently, the wcrpg council was not aware of that. Im not sure how they will react
now, if you do intend to use it, you could place my old squadron, the tigerhawks, as the bomber squadron it is, not recon
I also noticed a lot of starlancer squadron names

anyway, there is a lot of interesting info, I liked it, but Im not sure if using other sources' names will be a good idea. No, not by me, but by the wcrpg council (though, if you are going to use my squadron, I would like it to be properly :))

BTW, did you guys do those kilrathi pictures yourselves? its a bit hard to see in my screen, cause my monitor is missing the magenta until i can get it repaired, which makes the pictures look quite dark, but they look good

- K

One thing is for sure Kalfor, before I made up any squadron names, I wanted to make sure that most names that were already "out there" were accounted for, that way it was something that my site and other projects had in common. I really wanted to make sure that the names were included rather then just ignoring them and doing my own thing. And I wanted to complement you guys by putting yours as cameos, isnt' that a sign of respect that I went out of my way to find out? I also put some old squadrons from the WCAC in the listings, and you saw the Starlancer cameos I put in there too. But a lot of the squadron listings were from the CCG.

About the WC RPG council. I deeply respect Zylor as a man of character and I will definately listen to what he says, but I don't give a shit about one of your head people there (I'm not mentioning his name) and if that person tried to threathen me I will tell him the same thing I told him back when he was in the Aces: to piss off.

Also, if worse comes to worse, remember, that the WC RPG broke away from the Aces to do their own thing. The guy I don't like even posted on your board saying that he's glad the RPG is turning away from Origin and WC doctrine. But when it comes to it, the Fleet Tactics site is an Aces site made by vet Aces (me and Jibbo). That means there's no obligation for me to bow to you guys (the WCRPG is not connected to the Aces), but in the mean time, you guys are no longer bound to bow to us (as the Aces is not connected to the WCRPG). If the WCRPG was still part of the Aces, I would have asked for their permission.

I'm getting too much in club politics now with this, so I'll stop.

first, im not a member of the wcrpg council and Ill never be. I had my troubles with members of the council before, and, thought Im still an rpg member, I have recently become far less connected to it. Still, i found it amusing to see wcrpg squadrons there. If you refer to me as my game or rpg, I prefer you refer to WC:Frontier, as THAT is my game, while Im just a member of wcrpg with not all that power, especially after the recent death of my former chars, former squadron commander of the tigerhawks and others

I really dont care if you have problems with that person we both know very well who it is (and is a friend of mine). I know you two dont like eachother since around the time we were writing that PBeM, which I wont get into, cause its a completelly different matter. Your personal problems are not my concern. My post was simply to comment on the use of those squadron names that MIGHT be a problem with the council (which, again, Im not a member of) of a game (which Im not all that connected too lately). not a threat, not a warning, just a friendly alert for possible future problems

Still, I find it interesting that you say that, since the wcrpg is not part of the aces anymore, you can use their names as you wish, while I would find it to be the other way around. What I see is, if I, who am a member of wcrpg, talked with Zylor and Viper about using the Baran sector names and references in my WCF, and was asked to have a reference to the creators on the rules/website, why wouldnt you, whos not a member? See my point?
You didnt need to reply agressivelly, just reply
Im no one's advocate, just someone who wants to minimize unnecessary problems (especially during what is going on, if you read the wcrpg board)

- K

Your point is noted, however, I already said I am stopping any more mention of club politics on this thread. PM me if you want to go further.

By the way, I'm noticing a lack of whatever model/design Perry Naval Base was supposed to be.

Also (and this may just be my machine), I'm not able to view the ship stat windows fully. For instance, on the kilrathi vessels, I'm losing at least one line of text at the bottom . . possibly more? Again, that might just be my computer acting screwy. Who knows.

overmortal said:
By the way, I'm noticing a lack of whatever model/design Perry Naval Base was supposed to be.

Also (and this may just be my machine), I'm not able to view the ship stat windows fully. For instance, on the kilrathi vessels, I'm losing at least one line of text at the bottom . . possibly more? Again, that might just be my computer acting screwy. Who knows.

overmortal, there is no Perry Naval Base picture so far. The thing is a Sector Command base however, I didn't mention Perry in the bio because Perry base and Torgo HQ are totally different.

As for your ship stat windows . . . is the popup a bigger resolution then your screen?

I totally dig what you got there but could I suggest dropping $20 for a domain name?

LeHah said:
I totally dig what you got there but could I suggest dropping $20 for a domain name?

Hey LeHah,

You'll have to ask Jibbo about that. The entire thing is on his webspace.

Kalfor said:
BTW, did you guys do those kilrathi pictures yourselves?

If those pictures you are talking about are the Kilrathi Aces in the Intel section, then we didn't. Those pictures were drawn by Origin for the WC3 Collectable Card Game.

psych said:
Hey LeHah,

You'll have to ask Jibbo about that. The entire thing is on his webspace.

I don't want to intrude on Jibbo's generosity, but we could probably transfer things to tactics.solsector.net or the equivalent for free.

Dundradal said:
Excellent work on your research and the site. It is an interesting read to say the least. Keep up the good work.

And hey Dundradal, didn't see you come back..

Back