First Briefing in WCP

Knight

Spaceman
Ok, its the first mission briefing in Prophecy. After the CAG does her thing, and Wilford walks in, anybody else notice the SWACS numbers? TK-421? That number sound familiar? I thought that was wierd, considering the rivalry between SW and WC, and LucasArts and OSI. For those who can't remember, TK421 was the Stormtrooper ID number of the stormtrooper that Luke Skywalker traded uniforms with on the first Death Star. I was just replaying WCP today and noticed that. Thought it was weird.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they did copy the whole trench run thing in WC3. And i don't think there's much of a rivalry between OSI and LucasArts. Sure they both make space sims but the feel of the games are different. LucasArts space sims play more like real simulations where as WC is more action oriented.

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

There's probably quite a bit of rivalry, given the X-Wing series... and now that Lucas decided to go with Verant instead of Origin (who had campaigned heavily for the right) to do SWOL, they're prolly not on good terms...
smile.gif

SWOL will be X-Wing to POL's Wing Commander, too
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back