Firekkans in Standoff?

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I seem to remeber reading a thread on this board that referred to operations taking place near Firekka, or Firekkans appearing in Standoff, in some form or another.
I'm curious to know if the Standoff team has designed any Firekkan ships or fighters and what the designs are like, considering there hasn't been any reference to Firekkan built ships or what their design philosophy is.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the only Firekkan thing in Standoff is the name of a CVE - the TCS Firekka.

However, if you want my personal opinion on the ships... If I ever had to design a Firekkan ship, I'd make it look like one of the sketches of the WC Online ships which the CIC posted a while ago... specifically, the one which had a ship with very, very long wings which apparently were supposed to fold... and a cone-like body. In case you don't remember this particular ship, take a look at http://members.tripod.com/i_wanna_be_a_bear/firekkan.png

--Eder

Ah, looks kind of like a B-Wing.:D
I'm going to have a Firekkan cruiser in Echo War, complete with fighters. I'm trying to design them to be more bird like, with the sweeping wings, rather than what appears in the WCO sketches.

I don't think the Firekkans have any advanced spacecraft. They're very low tech - as far as I remember, they have only a handful of ships, all old confed transports.

Originally posted by Lynx
I don't think the Firekkans have any advanced spacecraft. They're very low tech - as far as I remember, they have only a handful of ships, all old confed transports.
My take on Firekkan tech, at least for Echo War, is that after the Sivar Eshrad the government decided to build at least a limited fleet to protect itself in the future. I was wondering if anything would show up in Standoff. Then it might give me some design ideas:cool:

Originally posted by Lynx

They managed to survive the years of the war after leaving the Confederation in Fleet Action, so I assume they built up some capacity for defence between the Sivar-Eshrad incident and Fleet Action.

Firekkans probably either have some ship designs of their own (not necessarily good designs) or they just use adapted retired Confed stuff (Parakeets flying Scimitars, anyone?).

--Eder

Do Firekaa have the money/tech/will to build their own fleet? Maybe they get some confed surplus.

I don't think they'd rely solely on Confed leftovers after the whole false truce thing... but maybe Confed leftovers from the 2630's are still better than their own ships :)

--Eder

In EW they have jointly designed fighters. Essentially Firekkan designers got together with Confed spaceship companies and laid out designs that maximize the Firekkan's natural flight abilities. So the tech level of their ships don't exactly have to be up to Confed's level, because their pilots are innately better.:cool:
I haven't laid out the specs for the ships yet so things may change.;)

Originally posted by Delance
Flying a fighter in space is not the same as flying with a pair of wings on a planet.

Granted. But you still will be far better then a human. We don't even think fully 3D.

What do the birds Capship names start with?

Like Confed is TCS, Border Worlds is BWS, Pilgrims were PAS (I believe),Landriech is FRLS.Well guys know.

I haven't named the cruiser yet, so I'm not sure what the TCS equivalent will be. Probably something like FPAS or FAS.
The fighters, though, have a Firekkan name and a Confed reporting name.

Back