Favorite WC Moment

Just what it says.... What's yours?

I was flying an Arrow Light Fighter in Armada against a pilot called "Shade" who was in a Kilrathi Goran Heavy Fighter. Needless to say I was a little on edge... and flew into the mission kind of nervous. Using a lot of after-burners and rolls, I successfully evaded the Goran's guns-of-death and missile loadout long enough to allow myself SEVERAL strafing runs with my lasers and 2 dumbfires.... and actually win the dogfight! And Shade is no crappy pilot... he's damn good. I think at that point I realized that I loved light fighters.... and beating people... lol

mine would have to be the first time I convinced a family member to buy me Wing Commander: Prophecy (my first WC) and strapped in to the cockpit, what a rush! Thanks to WCP I had to get all of the WC's I could find! :)

I've always been partial to the ending of Wing Commander II. I was still fairly young when the original Wing Commander came out, so Wing Commander II was the first game where I really had a clue as to what I was doing. The thrill of being able to beat it combined with that incredible music will probably always stick out in my mind as one of my favorite Wing Commander moments.

I can't decide. Argh blast it! They were all good :cool: I can tell you though that if I ever finish the last mission of WC2SO1 that will be my crowning WC moment.

For me, it has to be the ending of WC IV. By facing down Tolwyn in front of the Confed Senate, you not only prevent a war and save the Border Worlds, but in a very real way save the Confederation. Billions of Confed citizens live that would have died, and Confed doesn't become an agressor for the benefit of the Master Race. Combine that with the great video and music of that scene, and you have one truly memorable experiance.

Best, Raptor

Well, was a big fan of Robotech series.11 years my older brother came home and said to me "Here is a game in which you can fly spaceships".It was the Wingcommander 1 in Amiga format.I was very enthousiastic!! After then i ve finally collected all of them (ALL of them) :D

(sorry mistake)here is the post: Well,I was a big fan of Robotech series.11 years ago my older brother came home and said to me "Here is a game in which you can fly spaceships".It was the Wingcommander 1 in Amiga format.I was very enthousiastic!! After then i ve finally collected all of them (ALL of them) :D

I think (one of) my favorite moment(s) was when I first finished WC2... it took me dozens of tries... and some days later I found out about the cheat codes :mad: ...

I know, I know, most of you perhaps don't like people who cheat, but especially in the add-ons for WC1 and WC2 I finally had spent SO MUCH TIME to succeed in some missions while still failing some others even after dozens of tries so that it always took me to the "bad outcome" in the end :mad: ...

finally I was so frustated that I just wanted to see the "good outcome", even if just by cheating... just why have add-ons always to be so much more difficult then the original games... another example is (in my opinion) the add-on for strike commander (for those of you who know it)... oh, I just realize I'm *drifting" off-topic :)...

so I started a new thread for this, you can find it (and post your comments) here:
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4659

I find the cheats take the fun out of the game, especially the snese of accomplishment, but I know how frustrating it can be. As for favortie moment it is kinda hard to pick. I think I'll go the sentimental route and say the end of WCIII. The war is finally over, and "I" am getting ready to settle down to a normal life with Rachel.

Originally posted by Shane
I think I'll go the sentimental route and say the end of WCIII. The war is finally over, and "I" am getting ready to settle down to a normal life with Rachel.

Same here. Ending the Terran/Kilrathi War in WC3 was the coolest thing ever at the time....

:cool:

Hmm...

While hearing Flint say she wanted to 'watch seagulls maneuver' is one of my favorite moments, my absolute favorite moment is probably watching Catscratch and Sousa in the mess hall.

Dunno why, but I really enjoyed that brief clip.

It probably WOULD have been seeing Bear turn up in the last mission of SO1 if it weren't for the fact that the Kilrathi cruisers kill him and his partner so quickly.

I'm also going to go with either the destruction of Kilrah or the end of Tolwyn as my second favorite. The first, would probably be when Hobbes was reactivated on the flight roster in WC3. (I always loved Hobbes, and when Eisen yells at you...well...sometimes I just wouldn't listen to the Captain on that one. :D )

When it comes down to a specific part of the WC3 ending, it would have to be seeing Tolwyn and Melek signing the treaty on the Victory's flight deck.

Best moment

1) Either sitting back and watching the Capships duke it out in WCIII. Watching all those AMG's and Laser's flying eveywhere is cool..like your own little fireworks show..as long as u don't get tagged by them.

2) The beginning of WCIV when the Black Lance Frag that medical convoy

The Tolwyn-trial at the end of WC 4 was wonderfull. I always felt th WC4-intro to be scary somewhat. That comm officer's scream just cuts right through me every time. It's the best "scream of absolute terror" I've ever heard.

Best cinematic moments - Blair and Flint's "I'm interested in you, are you interested in me" banter (foreplay I guess is a better description) back and forth during WC3. (I had to go after Flint, I'm a brunette man myself! :) )

Best figting moments - cutting off a Kilrathi threat in mid-sentence by dusting him in WC3. Too busy runnin your mouth to fly huh?

Back