Favorite Gun...

Yeah, you'll be really sorry when we have the 'Beat ChrisReid in Armada' tournament and you can't play.

Heh, one of these days Chris one of these days. Just need to work on my logistical system so I keep up fighter production.

You are missing out on getting your ass handed to you by Chris. Every time I think I have a pretty good force built-up I decide to start moving out and then I run into Chris' forces. I usually put up a pretty good fight, but all those damn Gorans or Banshees end up winning in the end.

Start to do a little searching for it. It's worth your while to get. Chris and I were talking the other day how great the space combat is in Armada. It's much better than WCP's because you aren't flying circles around each other as much (or at least it seems like less because of the amount of "slide" Armada has during turns).

I'm still waiting to get a 6 player Proving Grounds game going though. Maybe after the Arena event we could get something going.

You are missing out on getting your ass handed to you by Chris. Every time I think I have a pretty good force built-up I decide to start moving out and then I run into Chris' forces. I usually put up a pretty good fight, but all those damn Gorans or Banshees end up winning in the end.

Start to do a little searching for it. It's worth your while to get. Chris and I were talking the other day how great the space combat is in Armada. It's much better than WCP's because you aren't flying circles around each other as much (or at least it seems like less because of the amount of "slide" Armada has during turns).

I'm still waiting to get a 6 player Proving Grounds game going though. Maybe after the Arena event we could get something going.

Neutrons followed by Tachyons and Fusion. And for some reason I always had a fondess for some of the Kilrathi-only guns from Armada.

Stormfire, Stormfire, Stormfire- only downside was limited ammo. That said, of the more "conventional" guns-

The Excal's quad Tachs- the WC3 /4 tachyon guns were great- the refire rate was good, the damage was high, and the bolts moved. The only downsides were range and power drain- but anything you attacked usually died before your capacitor went out, and if you could slash and burn in a fast fighter or wade through a barrage in a heavy fighter to get in close, you could shred pretty much anything. (that said, I thought the WCP tachyons sucked- they fired far more slowly)

Stormfire, Stormfire, Stormfire- only downside was limited ammo.

Some of the best WCP MP matches are Piranhas stormfires only. I can't recall having ever run out of ammo during a match either and my finger is usually always on the trigger.

Stormfire, Stormfire, Stormfire- only downside was limited ammo.

The damage quota was really great. As McGruff put it, you could tap tap tap tap your enemy to death. The downside was that the range was below average and I felt it was somewhat tough to be accurate.

Yes, I like the Photon Gun's sound effect in WC3/4 as well. Though the gun itself is not too hot for me.
One of these days, I'll make a poll about which WC did have the coolest sound effects.

...inside the wc-games: clearly the stormfire, no need of energy, good refire rate, only the limited ammo was not so much fun....

Second: lasers, at least at the banshee from the borderworlds!

And in a galaxy far, far away: the Mk II streamer from P II, good range, good refire rate and good damage, even if you only own 2 mounts on your ship as well...

Deacan

Back