Fav WC game

HammerHead said:
WC 1 with all it's add ons!

and WC 2 coming next...
:)

Same here: WC1 (and add-ons) just had the best atmosphere for me. WC2 wasn't much behind but lacked the promotions and medals.

Privateer would be third I think.

WC2, simply because it was the first WC game I ever played, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

My vote goes whole heartedly to Privateer. It is non linear and the ablilty to purchase and upgrade ships depeding on your style or needs is a huge plus. The whole mystery about the alien artifact is compelling and the humor in the game made the dialogue much more intersting than just mission briefings. And I quote, " I could always get crutches Miggs, but there is no cure for ugliness." LOL!

Mine will have to be WC1 because its the first game I played and I loved it. Maniac really did go off on one everytime you partnered him!
I was always scared of what Colonel Halcyon would do to me, and I fell in love with Angel.

Good ol' Bluehair eh?

Dialogue

Ha! Privateer was the funniest wasn't it? But I thought an even better line was the one where he's talking to Masterson at Oxford he has to go save that freighter and your guy is like, "Hell, after this you better name an entire wing after me." I laughed so hard.

I wonder why that orange hair guy was attracted to Murphy though. I thought that Miss Cross chick was pretty hot. I also wonder why maybe the Exploratory Service wasn't featured in some more WC storylines. Perhaps they were in the books but I've never read them.

Better yet the one when Taryn Cross says if she doesnt get the sector mapped out the brass will get in her ass or something to that effect and he said something like perhaps I can get to that first. Pretty funny.

thinking about this made me think of an idea (I'm sure it's been thougth of a million times before but I just thought it might be nice to get a fresh take) but priv was great in gemini, but it would be interesting to see it take place in Sol sector and all the densely populated inner worlds (imagine all the stops in Sol alone!), doing runs of construction materials to the Trojan IV shipyards. Doing runs of brillance from some desolate station to earth, etc...and the possible plot lines are almost endless....just an idea...

WC1 and all the add ons are certainly the best. I am playing them again now and I have to say that I have never killed so many Kilrathi before, awesome fun. oh yes. The number of strike missions in SM1 is outstanding.

Just as a question. Would it not be cool if someone did a mod that meant we could play right up to the point where the claw gets blown up?? that would be fun fun fun. SM3 of sorts, it would have to be in the original graphics and be very cool. anyone up for doing that???

Wing Commander IV was my absolute favorite. My only complaint was that the game was too short. Call me a bad fan, but I've yet to play prophecy. I'm trying to get it on ebay.

I'm new to the forum as well (though I have lurked here for some time). My favorite WC was WCIII. It was the first one I picked up and I loved it. My pc couldn't run it quite as well as I hoped it would, and I really sucked at flying, but boy did I have a great time! Maybe I was too young at the time. Later I played WC4, Privateer 2, Prophecy, Secret ops... Liked them, but WC still is the best to me. Now I got my hands on WC1 & 2, so who knows...

Only problem is I can't seem to get WC3 to run on my pc anymore :(. I tried the new win-patch, but it doesn't work. The old win-patch worked like a charm though.

climber said:
WC1 and all the add ons are certainly the best. I am playing them again now and I have to say that I have never killed so many Kilrathi before, awesome fun. oh yes. The number of strike missions in SM1 is outstanding.

Just as a question. Would it not be cool if someone did a mod that meant we could play right up to the point where the claw gets blown up?? that would be fun fun fun. SM3 of sorts, it would have to be in the original graphics and be very cool. anyone up for doing that???

someone did....!
you sould look at the files section of the CIC... I found a "mod" for wc 1... replace the campain with an enigma campain - and added the Ferret and Epee - pretty cool

I loved all of the them, but I gotta go with WC3. It was truly revolutionary for its day, and a great game to boot. It is in my top 10 of all time, PC, arcade, or console.

It is a toss up between two of them for me. But for action, I have to go for Secret Ops. For Flight Sim capabilities, Privateer.

Back