Excalibur in Tamayo ejection.

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
So Mac's Excalibur video inspired me to do another replay of WC3. I'm in the Tamayo system and I took Rachel's offer to let me fly the Excalibur for Tamayo II.

Early on in the mission I get badly damaged by the Vaktoths so I decided to eject so I could restart. This is where I discovered that you can't eject from the Excalibur in this mission - it says "Excalibur Prototype - Ejection not Allowed".

Who would have thought that 28 years later, I'd still be learning new things about these games.

Last edited:
I hardly take the ejection route so I never thought to try that. Also the Excalibur's technical prowess should have meant the player would have an easier time in the mission than with the regular fighters. Great that they thought of that - wouldn't make sense to destroy the prototype and then have everything in the story carry on as though nothing happened.

So how did you fare - did you manage to bring it home or go down fighting and have to retry the mission?

I hardly take the ejection route so I never thought to try that. Also the Excalibur's technical prowess should have meant the player would have an easier time in the mission than with the regular fighters. Great that they thought of that - wouldn't make sense to destroy the prototype and then have everything in the story carry on as though nothing happened.

So how did you fare - did you manage to bring it home or go down fighting and have to retry the mission?
Got through the first two waves but then a Dralthi nailed me with a missile.

Back