Don't tell me this is like a comic con...

Jesus

Swabbie
Banned
I know most conventions of fans involve lots of things involving presentations of whatever the subject at hand is, but, do you guys dress up at these conventions like they do at comic cons and trekkie cons and stuff?

Well there was that one time I dressed up as a Jedi at a music festival....but the less said of that the better :p

dc2004daytwo08.jpg

Best darn squadron in the fleet. Also, Hadrian is in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief, what rock was this guy living under the past 5 years?

Or, hell, the 20-something years that D*C has been around, at that.

I feel more dressed up at work every day... (This is Europe, folks: Full suit, tie, cufflinks, watch chain, silver company badge... darn, we're cool)

Switching into clothes you like, expressing how you want to be seen by others can help you to blow off steam and to do away with a lot of stress. But I think I see your point - this dressing-up thing can go to the point where other people may be offended by your guise.

I don't like to admit it, but I also tend to get offended at people who walk around in public in some getup that's totally inappropriate. But here's the hitch: What is appropriate? If it suits the person, if you can believe in the act, and see that it's actually fun? Or if it just goes against some personal taboo of yourself?

Getting to the point to define what's appropriate for you may be a long way (I vowed never to take a job where ties are mandatory, but here I am); but cons are easy: Don't like bankers, store clerks or teachers dressed up as Catwoman, Duke Nukem or Stormtroopers? Just don't go there.

criticalmass said:
I don't like to admit it, but I also tend to get offended at people who walk around in public in some getup that's totally inappropriate. But here's the hitch: What is appropriate? If it suits the person, if you can believe in the act, and see that it's actually fun? Or if it just goes against some personal taboo of yourself?

This is pretty inappropriate..

ohno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Three guesses as to who was under the tige mask...the first two don't count. As for the second picture...is the lady attending the party? :)

ChrisReid said:
This is pretty inappropriate..

I concede. Everybody has a bad hairday...

But sometimes just turning up for work gives you moments almost as good...

Attachments

• 200062.jpg
    200062.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 60
Back