Don´t you hate Maniac...

suicider

Spaceman
Yesterday i was starting up wc1 again, and played pretty smooth through the first 3 sectors, until u fly with maniac in the scimitars. damn this guy is crap. u tell him to attack your target, he says "no way...", then after he got shot up pretty bad because of his dumbness, he wont return to base... "no way". in another patrol mission i chase another jalthi, u know, those 6 guns fighter, and he shoots me up from behind. then i tell him to shut up because of his one glory kill and guess what he says? "no way"

what an asshole.

today i watched some episodes of academy from this site (wing commander cic rulz), and who do i see? maniac. i hate this guy. "iam the bestest, blah blah."

i will try some other titles, such as wc2 and wc3 this week, but i think he will not change.

suicider said:
Yesterday i was starting up wc1 again, and played pretty smooth through the first 3 sectors, until u fly with maniac in the scimitars. damn this guy is crap. u tell him to attack your target, he says "no way...", then after he got shot up pretty bad because of his dumbness, he wont return to base... "no way". in another patrol mission i chase another jalthi, u know, those 6 guns fighter, and he shoots me up from behind. then i tell him to shut up because of his one glory kill and guess what he says? "no way"

what an asshole.

today i watched some episodes of academy from this site (wing commander cic rulz), and who do i see? maniac. i hate this guy. "iam the bestest, blah blah."

i will try some other titles, such as wc2 and wc3 this week, but i think he will not change.
In the later games he takes out kitty after kitty no problem.

I remember flying a mission with him. I think it was the first mission with him actually. He charged a Jalthi dead on. There was a nice service for him afterwards.

I don't think any of the wingmen were very good until WC3. And even then Maniac was still a wiseguy.

"What are you, my mother?"

d3r3k said:
I remember flying a mission with him. I think it was the first mission with him actually. He charged a Jalthi dead on. There was a nice service for him afterwards.

Probably the third mission with him (Brimstone 3).

you know what i did in that 3rd mission? just so he doesnt get killed? (i thought in later missions, i would get him as wingman too, and because he would be killed, i would fly alone. pain in the arse)

i put my after burner on, flew directly at the dorkir, spammed my missiles on it and destroyed it, and flew back to tigers claw.

tolwyn than said "excellent work, taking out the freighter" and i had 1 kill, while maniac had 0. he didnt shoot up anything the 3 missions... i was court martialled one time for killing him "accidently".

now iam flying with bossman at kurasawa mission, and he got 3 kills and i 7. finally someone with skill.

btw, who is "The Man" on the scoreboards for the simulator, ive beaten him by dogging dralthis, but still, he was number 1... who is this guy?

suicider said:
you know what i did in that 3rd mission? just so he doesnt get killed? (i thought in later missions, i would get him as wingman too, and because he would be killed, i would fly alone. pain in the arse)

i put my after burner on, flew directly at the dorkir, spammed my missiles on it and destroyed it, and flew back to tigers claw.

tolwyn than said "excellent work, taking out the freighter" and i had 1 kill, while maniac had 0. he didnt shoot up anything the 3 missions... i was court martialled one time for killing him "accidently".

now iam flying with bossman at kurasawa mission, and he got 3 kills and i 7. finally someone with skill.

btw, who is "The Man" on the scoreboards for the simulator, ive beaten him by dogging dralthis, but still, he was number 1... who is this guy?

Iceman is Lance Casey's (Prophecy) Father

Only played WC1 on the Amiga and then WC3,WC4 and Prophecy later.
In WC3 I really hated him but in WC4 he's getting more friendly,i think.
But he's still doing enough things there to not be loved(for example freeing Tollwyn after he's got caught).

Anubiscorpion said:
But he's still doing enough things there to not be loved(for example freeing Tollwyn after he's got caught).
Yeah, it takes a horrible person to free Tolwyn.

...Wait, doesn't Blair do it, too? :p

In the WC4 novelization, Blair releases Tolwyn after capturing his shuttle with an old Broadsword whose side turrets are removed, using the rear turret tractor beam to haul the shuttle in. Since the game gives either option, the novel version of events is what officially happened, in the WC timeline.

i'm back! :) And Topgun from what you just posted you might not want to read this . . .
Personally, I didn't like the WC4 novel one bit (but I loved the WC4 game). The reason for that is: 1. Blair gets promoted to Brigadier General and Maniac goes to Lieutenant Colonel in the middle of the book to a full Colonel at the end. 2. Tolwyn gets a life sentance instead of death. And 3. Blair gets his butt whooped by Seether.

Lt.Death100 said:
Maniacs promotion came in just before he defected from confed.

In the game yes, Maniacs promotion came just before he defected but in the novel he gets promoted after he defects to the UBW.

Iceman16 said:
In the game yes, Maniacs promotion came just before he defected but in the novel he gets promoted after he defects to the UBW.

Did it for sure? I kind of thought Blair was just teasing him.

Back