Defiance's Eyecandy Thread

A few more animated ships for the collection - First up is the Kilrathi Omni-ship. Regardless of the role it's playing, I think it's one of the cooler Kilrathi designs. I had to arbitrarily derive a scale for it since the source material is all over the place on it, so I estimate it's slightly larger than an Exeter for a small destroyer/carrier hybrid - at least that's what I scaled the windows to (assuming an average Kilrathi is around 8 feet)

Ralar7.pngRalar6.pngRalar8.png

Ok I got lazy and retextured my old Dralthi model. It's probably the most different from the WCA source, but it is still line-art accurate from Claw Marks so there's that. Besides I think it looked cooler.

Dralthi1.pngDralthi2.pngDralthi3.png

Last but not least it's everybody's favorite WC2 fighter (yes the one you wish you had on all those Crossbow missions), the WCA take on the F-57 Saber.

F-57Saber2.pngF-57Saber3.pngF-57Saber4.pngF-57Saber5.png

as always wingnuts feel free to comment :)

The more I play around with it, the more I realize that Academy is kind of an unappreciated field of endeavor. Today's entry into the catalog of "Defiance really needs a life outside of conference calls and Blender" is the WCA Fralthi. It only shows up in one episode and gets mis-categorized as a destroyer but it was fun to do nonetheless. It looks like the artists got ahold of Claw Marks and either by accident or design, omitted all the negative space in the original and we ended up with this oddly nautical version which in many ways resembles the Academy 'Claw - though without the random cat-paw extrusions on the sides. It's not ugly in my view - just well like everything else WCA - different.

Fralthi6.png

Fralthi2.pngFralthi3.pngFralthi4.pngFralthiOrthS.pngFralthiOrthT.png

Comments and Criticism is always welcome.

Another WCA ship for your amusement. The Achilles destroyer/transport/fighter carrier (CVE maybe?). It looks like a Durango and a Wake had a naughty, naughty evening; the kind where they both had a bit too much Vak'qu and in the morning the Wake quietly slipped out the back without leaving so much as a piece of dry toast for the poor Durango - and this happened a few months later. Since the carrier is kind of a different bird (but the artists just added another rectangle to the bottom) I kind of figured that the carrier configuration is a pre-fab pod of some kind, something that can be attached or detached from the destroyer with an appropriately supplied shipyard and a week or two.

Anyway enjoy - I was playing a bit with the shaders as well to add a bit more definition to the edges. I

AchilliesToon1.pngAchilliesToon2.pngAchilliesToon3.pngAchilliesToon4.pngAchilliesCarrierToon1.pngAchilliesCarrierToon2.pngAchilliesCarrierToon3.pngAchilliesCarrierToon4.png

This one was alot of fun. I was working with NinjaLA on a fictional WCA-ized Hornet might look like. The excellent concept art he cooked up is attached along with model renders I did. It was a fun experiment and I like the results.

Concept:
Untitled_Artwork.jpg

Renders:

WCAGreenHornet3.pngWCAGreenHornet4.pngWCAGreenHornet2.pngWCAGreenHornet1.png WCARedHornet3.pngWCARedHornet4.pngWCARedHornet2.png

Fun Tbolt renders. Having fun playing with a Thud.

Attachments

• HF66V2-Fin1.png
    HF66V2-Fin1.png
    621 KB · Views: 114
  • HF66V2-Fin2.png
    HF66V2-Fin2.png
    700 KB · Views: 112
  • HF66V2-Fin3.png
    HF66V2-Fin3.png
    612.5 KB · Views: 102
  • HF66V2-Fin4.png
    HF66V2-Fin4.png
    745 KB · Views: 102
  • HF66V2-Fin5.png
    HF66V2-Fin5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • Tbolt2Pir81.png
    Tbolt2Pir81.png
    806.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Tbolt2Pir82.png
    Tbolt2Pir82.png
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • Tbolt2Pir83.png
    Tbolt2Pir83.png
    501.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Tbolt2Pir84.png
    Tbolt2Pir84.png
    966.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Tbolt2Pir85.png
    Tbolt2Pir85.png
    926.9 KB · Views: 75
Lovely T-Bolt, are any of those details modelled in or just on the texture maps?
Thanks! A bit of both. Originally this was going to be a game asset (which has changed) so I didn't model every vent and rivet. The majority is done via texture (rivet maps, panel lines, the actual vents themselves) but the vent panels are modeled and recessed, etc.

Fun Tbolt renders. Having fun playing with a Thud.
I love the Thunderbolt VII. Also Fan of the F/A 57 Sabre.

Thats why i so in love with the Vanguard - here the Harbinger Bomber in Star Citizen. 38m - a bit longer but with Interiour etc. 3 Torpedos also inside.

A Fighter / Bomber. Heavy Front Gun, 4 smaller one, Turret with Rockets, Underside Missiles, Shoulder Missiles. Some mix of the of Thunderbolt and Sabre. I melt several ships always in SC. But this stays.

And it is just 4m longer then the Thud. I wonder if it had also a interiour for the gunner?

Attachments

• ScreenShot0661.jpg
    ScreenShot0661.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 70
  • ScreenShot0662.jpg
    ScreenShot0662.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 60
  • ScreenShot0664.jpg
    ScreenShot0664.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 58
  • ScreenShot0663.jpg
    ScreenShot0663.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ScreenShot0666.jpg
    ScreenShot0666.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 63
  • ScreenShot0875.jpg
    ScreenShot0875.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I love the Thunderbolt VII. Also Fan of the F/A 57 Sabre.

Thats why i so in love with the Vanguard - here the Harbinger Bomber in Star Citizen. 38m - a bit longer but with Interiour etc. 3 Torpedos also inside.

A Fighter / Bomber. Heavy Front Gun, 4 smaller one, Turret with Rockets, Underside Missiles, Shoulder Missiles. Some mix of the of Thunderbolt and Sabre. I melt several ships always in SC. But this stays.

And it is just 4m shorter then the Thud. I wonder if it had also a interiour for the gunner?
Good to see some Star Citizen comparisons popping up now and again. It's a dream come true for those of us who've always wanted to explore more than just the cockpit of these ships.

Happy New Year Wingnuts! It's been a while since I've posted anything to this thread, mostly because I've been heads down on the remaster work mainly. But all Thunderbolts and no Ferrets makes Jack a dull boy. So I went back to the animated series and made a WCA Ferret. It was a self-set 2 hour modelling challenge (I made it), and then the textures were done later. You only see it in one or two episodes, but it kind of looks like a cross between an F-5 and an F-18. It's a strangely handsome spacecraft.

Ferret_Fin1.png
Ferret_Fin2.pngFerret_Fin4.pngFerret_Fin5.pngFerret_Fin6.pngFerret_Fin7.png

A bit of a grab bag. Got around to doing the WCA Sartha which should almost round out the fleet. Eventually I'll have to do the Jalkethi and I think that's all the fighters. Additionally I did a WC3 style Hellcat using the paint scheme from the Tim Eldred concept art that was posted here about a week ago. Enjoy as always.

Sartha1.pngSartha2.pngSartha3.pngSartha4.png

WCAHellcat1.pngWCAHellcat2.pngWCAHellcat3.pngWCAHellcat4.png

Back