David Warner passes away

Death

gh0d (Administrator)
Veteran actor David Warner, who's been in a bunch of stuff including Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country (Chancellor Gorkon), Tron (Ed Dillinger and Sark), a bunch of voices for games and cartoons, and more, passed away at 80 years old from "cancer-related illness".

Warner also has a WC connection, playing Rhinehart in Privateer 2: The Darkening, and Admiral Tolwyn in the WC movie.

I've had other folks note several other roles in Star Trek, including Gul Madred from the TNG episodes "Chain of Command, pt.1-2" (i.e. THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!) as well as St. John Talbot, Federation representative to Nimbus III in Star Trek V, The Final Frontier.

Very sad to hear. I've published a remembrance on the front page, it does not do him justice.

(But on the other hand, it's very good to see Death, which is not a phrase you usually expect to say!)

I've had other folks note several other roles in Star Trek, including Gul Madred from the TNG episodes "Chain of Command, pt.1-2" (i.e. THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!) as well as St. John Talbot, Federation representative to Nimbus III in Star Trek V, The Final Frontier.

Well, yeah, but with how long he's been active a full listing would take a while, and unnecessary when IMDb covers it well enough.

Very sad to hear. I've published a remembrance on the front page, it does not do him justice.

(But on the other hand, it's very good to see Death, which is not a phrase you usually expect to say!)

I really do need to get out of the habit of showing up only when people die. :p

Last edited:
I've published a remembrance on the front page, it does not do him justice.
I'm certainly not happy that he's dead (and I don't know how I missed this when it happened), but I really am glad that this series has been able to attract the kind of talent that can't be summarized in one line, whether it be John Hurt, John Rhys-Davies or Malcolm McDowell.

Ich bin ihm in London begegnet auf einer Star Trek Convention. Beim Fotoshooting begrüßte ich ihn mit "Greetings Master Control Program." Es hatte ihn so gefreut das seine alten Klassiker nicht vergessen sind. Er war sehr freundlich und herzensgut. 😔

I sadly never got to meet him. He was on my short list, having been in so many properties I adore. I managed to get a signed photo of him in Time After Time a while back... and more recently had actually dug out a photo from the WC movie I wanted him to sign but his appearance was canceled and he passed shortly after. RIP.

Back