cool game

rizla

Spaceman
Wow! really great game with incredible detail. Has chris Roberts said anything about what he thinks of it?

No, if we'd managed to attract Chris Roberts attention for better or worse you can believe we'd be shouting it out from the rooftops.

But thanks for the compliments, we're glad you're enjoying it! :)

Originally posted by Pedro
No, if we'd managed to attract Chris Roberts attention for better or worse you can believe we'd be shouting it out from the rooftops.

But thanks for the compliments, we're glad you're enjoying it! :)

what did you mean with "shouting it out from the rooftops"?

I want Roberts email :p who knows it ????:p

Seriusly ,it would be good if we could find a way to contact Chris and show him UE

There's plenty of ways to get ahold of Chris Roberts. I mean, last time me and LOAF were at Digital Anvil waiting to see Chris Roberts, the phone rang at the front desk. The receptionist was all confused at first, because me and LOAF were the "guys from the CIC here to see Chris Roberts." However Hadrian was on the phone ready to conduct a previously scheduled telephone interview. And you can find that interview here:
https://www.wcnews.com/files/infoburst/show4.rm

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I'd overlooked that show, never heard it before. It was definatley intresting hearing Chris Roberts views on the movie.

If Chris Roberts only admitted to having played the first four or five missions of Prophecy I'm not certain how I'd rate out chances of getting him to play Unknown Enemy's 10 even if we did know how to get in contact with him :(

He sounds kinda busy right now.. And despite being an acknowledged legend in the gaming industry.. I never got the impression he was much of a gamer. Origin was originally a great place for him: Chris Roberts creates worlds and loves experiences. He was raised on computers, and now makes movies, but I think Wing Commander represents what he does best.. the interactive movie. Anyhow, yeah, compared to other people who've worked on Wing Commander, I never got the impression Roberts played many games.

Kind of ironic that a gaming god wouldn't be all that much into games ;)

But yeah, he definatley does a great job with interactive movie aspects of games, that more than anything is what got me hooked on the series having played WCIV first.

We need to genetically engineer a combination of Shigeru Miyamoto and Chris Roberts in order to create the ultimate games designer and producer ;)

Awck, that's a sickening thought... the result would probably be some freaky Super Mario Commander Brothers... :eek:

Hes also responsible for games like Zelda and Metroid. And the point was Shigeru was good at concieving gameplay ideas, maybe emotion but never a plot.

How could I ever forget Pikmin? God that game made my Xmas last year, and Metroid Prime will likley be making my Xmas this year, its certainly made my first week of December already :)

Back