Capship chart...

Knight

Spaceman
Hey, I saw a capship comparison chart in a past post someplace, but can't find it now. It had side views of the Midway, Vesuvious, Concordia, Lexington, Cerberus, etc. I'm fairly certain it was on the CIC's server too. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything the difference between the Vesuvius (1600m) and the Midway (1830m) doesn't look right, imo. But it gives you a rough idea. If the numbers are right, the length of the Plunkett looks pretty good.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 15, 2000).]

Damn! I was looking all over for that!

I was trying to find the exact length of the Midway...

Well thank-you. Now I can get back to my life as a slightly happier man...

wink2.gif

Hmmm, didn't they state the exact length of the Midway in the ICIS manual?

Anyhow, the Vesuvius/Midway comparison is based on the SO engine, I'm presuming. If you look through all the other nice piccies in that directory, there's a screenshot of the Midway, a Vesuvius from SO, and a Vesuvius from WC4. There's quite a difference in size between the games!

Yeah, as the game engines get more enhanced, and the computers that run them become more advanced, the games can allow larger ships.

Metras, glad I could help.

Primarch, it was smaller than the Cerberus, so it's pretty much accurate, plus if you read the little paragraph on it, it says that there was help from the guys at #wingnut and OSI on it, so it's got to be pretty accurate.

------------------

This is something I did a while ago...I would say that it is acurate to within +/- 15 meters. (note that one official source gave the Cerberus length at 750 meters and another at 770 meters, so I split the difference).
By the way...this was made before I new the length of the Midway, but I not too far off.

***Due to technical difficulties beyond my control...see above post
smile.gif

The Screenshot was taken from approx 30,000 clicks away, the only editing I did was to remove the background.

Still think the Plunkett is smaller than the Hades???

[This message has been edited by Primarch (edited August 17, 2000).]

Hmm... I personally thought the Midway Fleet Carrier was bigger than 1830 metres.

Well.. they are sort of close to the Vesuvius, but not by much.

Now if only Midway's weren't so slow...

Yeah, I remember seeing my cousin play WC 4 and I saw the Vesuvius for the first time doing what was seemingly ridiculous for a capship - doing a full one-eighty in a couple of seconds. Why'd that Vesuvius carrier get blown up so easily in the SO cutscene? It didn't put any of its manouevrability or speed to use. Sacrificing a carrier to save one transport seems a bit of a waste to me.

Where's the pic Primarch?

------------------

See pic above
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Primarch (edited August 17, 2000).]

Minaru said:

If you copy it and paste it into the address field of your browser it actually takes you to the comparison page he mentioned. IF you just click on it, it only takes you www.spaceports.com. I'm guessing that's why he mentioned cutting and pasting in his quote. Minaru, I did the same thing as you, by the way. Then I went back reread his note and did it the way he mentioned. It is amazing what happens when I actually follow the directions
smile.gif

I still can't see it
tongue.gif
It's just one of those image boxes, like it knows there's a damn pic there, but it can't find it.

------------------

Merde, but I do not understand. I didn't see it when he first posted it, but then it appeared. I figured he edited the link in such a way that everybody could see it. Certainly, I'm staring at it right now.

Well, I'm confused (nothing unusual there
biggrin.gif
)...I can see it on this computer, but not the one at work...

Okay, lets try this again...I've moved a copy to my Geocities webspace and removed the link to the one at Spaceports...
comparison.jpg

Tell, me you can see it...

Back